Chapter 5

Chapter 5

-So? She asked smiling, bringing me back to reality. Do you like my idea?

I find myself blushing like an idiot, having nothing good to say.

-You... don't want that... There go my insecurities again.

-What are u talking about silly? She chuckled. Why would I not want the best person in the world to be mine? She paused. It is all up to you.

I nod signing.

-There is no way I can refuse right?

She smiled.

-Nnopee! You are mine now, Nike Stanfield and I am yours.

She leaned on and kissed me. I could smell her cologne. Chanel. She always went on and spent money on this even though her smell was the best thing in the world. Baby powder and roses after the rain. I could not exactly describe it but it had me captivated form the moment I came close to her accidentally.

-Lesbian whores, a man spouted as he passed by us in the park.

I clenched my fists but I knew she would not let me do anything. "No more violence" she said after our first kiss. So I just swallowed my anger and smiled at him.

-We are happy, I stated.

He was taken aback by my sudden reply and simply walked away muttering "Whatever".

-I am proud of you. She smiled behind me. I turned to face her.

-I love you, I said and meant every word.

-I cannot breathe-

My head jerks violently upwards as I escape the watery surface of my bathtub. "Drowning is a state of mind" she once told me. "Yeah no doubt it is so hard". I gasp for air. How long have I been underwater? "Long enough to return to the past", I think to myself as I start scrubbing off the sweat and dust of the day.

"If you don't leave the past alone it will keep popping up in your mind"

-How can I leave it alone?! I ask loudly. There was no answer of course. I splash the water violently.

-I wish there was a manual for managing your life...