Sixteen

"I'd runaway with you." He said, his voice losing all the energy and happiness.

Tonight, I told Arthur that we are leaving. We are going back to the Philippines because we are only given a week and two days to have our coverage, and our allowance was not enough to even sustain our needs.

"Come on, Arthur. You know you can't do that."

I hold his hand. He's not even looking at me, and it's making me feel sick.

"Why'd you do it?" He asked.

"I need to do it. You know that."

"Why can't you just stay? I can give you anything you want!"

Damn.

I'm not that kind of girl. I have high dreams, I never stop dreaming.

"Arthur, I need to study. I need that!" I covered my mouth, realizing that I've shouted at him.

He'd be so nice to come home to. And I won't be able to do that in the first place if I don't have a clear view of what I wanted to be, and what I wanted my career to be. I hope he knows this.

"Then leave."

He said, loosening his grip on my hand, and avoiding my eyes.

But I know what he feels. Because I feel it too.

It's going to be hard for both of us, but we did it for 4 consecutive years.

Nothing is different, unless now that we both see each other in the future.

When he came to my life...

Sundays and rain, Flowers and days; days not nights. Were the things I was finally noticing; loving not detesting.

He obviously colored my life, and being far away from his is a challenge.

But we still need it.

To see how this works, despite the distance and the longing and the desire.

For the second time, he asked the same question...

"Why'd you do that?"

I bite my lips, trying to hide the tears. Then spoke,

"I told you my poems were diaphanous in the way a susurrus is a sheer wall demanding a thesaurus but you called the poem hazy, lazy, light on meaning, opaque in its transparency and so did not understand my poem after all."

Rhetoric.

"I understand you well, Felicity. But there's some parts in your poem I can't fathom." He clears his throat, "I'll love you even if you makes my heart ache."

The only thing right now is a hug.

So I hug him, with all my heart.

We were like Romeo and Juliet, an instant love, so many firsts, yet leaving.

In the end, he couldn't do anything about it, and I made him understand. We are on the plane ride back to where I came from, Matte and I are watching the live stream of his event. At least, show some support.

I wish I was there.

Mixing in with the crowd,

and the cheer and chants.

Go Arthur.

The camera pans on him as he walk towards the magnesium carbonate or the white powder that has been used by gymnasts to have a better grip on the bars. He's looking uneasy and uncomfortable. I hate it.