13

Violet had come home from her Grandparents house(Grassi Side) and Ken was staying with them for another night.

Violet was currently eating chips in the living room, Mitch sitting in the kitchen and Scott in the living with Violet, when there was a hard knock on the door.

Scott hopped up to answer it while Mitch picked up Violet.

There were 10 men all standing with wooden bow and arrows all aiming at Scott.

"What's going on here?" Scott demanded as the men backed him up into the home.

"Scott Grassi-Hoying. You are under arrest for bio-terrorism." The leader said he back up to line up with his alert group.

Mitch walked out, carrying Violet on his hip. Violet was scared of the unknown men and started sending objects flying all over the house.

"She's one of them too!" One of the men said.

"Hold your fire!" The commander ordered.

Violet kept sending bigger and harder things flying everywhere. One of the rubber duckies hit an officer in the head and he sent an arrow that went straight through Violet's heart and into Mitch's.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as the arrow plunged through Violet's heart and into Mitch's. As they slowly lost their consciousness, Mitch whispered 'it's okay' and 'mommy's got you' into her ear. They eventually fell to the floor as Scott sprinted to them.

"No! Mitchie, please." Scott pleaded as tears ran down his face. He slowly caressed both Violet's and Mitch's hair as the color drained from their faces and Mitch gave Violet a final kiss on the forehead.

"I. Love. You." Mitch said in between breathes and his final breathe left his lungs.

"Mitch? Mitch! No!" Scott screamed as the commanding officer scolded the cadet.

Scott gently kissed Mitch's cold hand and slowly slipped the diamond ring off of his finger. He held the small ring in the palm of his large hand and made it levitate. He made it spin quickly and sent it flying towards the men's direction.

It sawed through each and every one of their necks and sent them all to their deaths.

The bloody ring finally landed on his hand and he clutched it with all his might.

Scott left a final kiss on his husband/wife and daughter's heads before he ran and told the Grassi's to get Ken ready. He also told them about Mitch's death. They cried their eyes out as well.

Ken's P.O.V...

I was playing with my favorite toy. It was a Spiderman toy and I loved it.

GrandMommy and Papa called me to the T.V. room.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Oh, sweetheart. Your... Y-your...your mommy. He... H-he went t-to sleep for a v-very long time."

"When will he wake up? Then I can give him a kiss on the cheek." I smiled at the thought of mommy giving me a good morning hug and a kissy on the cheek.

"He won't."

"Mommy won't give me a hug?"

"No... He won't wake up."

I was super confused. Everyone wakes up. Right?

"What's do you mean?"

"Your, oh god why?! Why must I, the grandmother, tell me grand child that my own child has passed."

"Passed?"

"He's dead sweetheart. I'm so sorry." Grand said as she broke down to tears and tried to hug me.

"No! Mommy can't be dead!!" I ran out of the house as fast as I could.

I eventually got tired and stopped at the bay. I saw a man sitting there. He was looking out into the water weirdly. I sniffles and walked to him.

"H-hi."

"Hey- why are you crying? Did you lose your mommy?" He asked as he stood up and looked around.

"No. My mommy I-is d-d-d-..." I started to cry. I felt him hug me and I hugged him back.

"It's okay kid. We'll find your mom."

"You can't. He's dead."

"H- um... It'll be okay. I know someone who can bring people back."

"R-really?" I asked as I dabbed my eyes. Mommy told me to dab, not rub.

"Mhm. What's your name kid?"

"K-Kendall."

"I'll call ya Ken."

"O-okay."

Scott's P.O.V.

They lost him. My whole world is falling apart.

My husband and daughter are dead and my son is probably lost and cold. I hope I find him before some creep does. I shouldn't fill my head with ideas like that. He'll be okay until I find him. He knows to run away from people he doesn't know and not to talk to strangers.

"Hang in there, Son." I growled to myself as I drove down the empty road in search of my last piece of mind.