Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It was 430 and I still haven't left to meet Kale yet. I took a nap after Kenzie left then when I woke up i had a bad case of dizziness so I decided to lay back down until it subsided. I got up and took a shower. What do you wear when you are going to tell someone that he has fathered a child with someone other than his girlfriend. I decided on  a pale yellow sundress with a white cardigan and white flats. I pulled my long black hair into a ponytail and applied mascara and eyeliner. I looked in the mirror, grabbed my car keys and left the house.

It took me ten minutes to get to Petro's. When I got there and went inside I looked around and saw Kale sitting in the far booth of the diner. I walked over there and sat down.

"Hello Kale."

"Hey Kenna. How are you?"

"I am kine I guess. What about you? How is Maci?" The last question I asked with an attitude.

"About that Kenna. I was gonna tell you..."

"I don't care. It doesn't matter. I didn't come here to talk about that. It does have to do with what happened after the wedding.."

"Okay. What is it Kenna."

"I know this wasn't planned and I don't expect anything from you. I really don't want you to help or anything and I wouldn't be telling you if it wasn't for Kenzie."

"What is it Kenna?"

"I am pregnant."

"You are what?"

"I am PREGNANT. You are the father."

"Holy Crap. You are kidding me. This is just a joke. Ty must have put you up to this. Hahaha. Very funny."

"Kale this isn't a joke. I am going to have your baby. I should be due on March 14th of next year."

"Oh god. I thought we were safe. I used protection. What am I going to tell Maci."

"You don't have to tell Maci anything because I don't want you to have anything to do with my baby."

"What? You don't want me in our child's life?"

"No I don't want you to have anything to do with MY child."

"Why the hell not?"

"Because I just don't" I got up and grabbed my purse and car keys. I looked down at Kale. I could tell he was shocked. I felt kinda bad for him. Then I remembered waking up to a phone ringing and me answering it with Kale's girlfriend on the line.

"Goodbye Kale." I walked out of the diner got in my car and drove home. I felt like I wanted to cry but I didn't know why.