Chapter 10

Chapter 10

" Please clear the dance floor for the last dance of the night." the dj said into the microphone. I got up from table and took Kenna's hand. We walked to the dance floor hand in hand. I knew that Kenna didn't want to hold my hand. We didn't tell anyone the real reason behind the wedding and marriage. Everyone thought we were marrying for love. I might be falling in love Kenna but she doesn't even like me. But I made a promise to myself today. I will do everything in my power to make her fall for me.

I put my hand in Kale's. I just wish this night was over. Everything about this whole marriage has gotten to me. It isn't that I don't feel happy because in a weird way it is a dream come true. Maybe I didn't want to admit it before but I kind of wanted to get married an have kids. I guess that ever since my parents died I never wanted anyone to get so close again so I built a wall around my heart.

" What are you thinking about Kenna?" Kale whispered into my ear. Shivers ran down my spine.

" Not much. Just about the babies. They seem to be very active tonight." I laid my head on his shoulder. We just swayed to the music. It was then that I noticed the song playing. " This is the song we danced to at Kenzie and Ty's wedding."

" I know. I asked them to play this for our last dance." He leaned down and kissed me on my forehead. I can't believe he remembered the song. Tears leaked out of my eyes. The song ended and we pulled a part. The guests clapped. Kenzie came out of the crow and grabbed me by the hand.

" Where are we going?" I asked her.

" You are gonna change. Kale wants to take you somewhere." She helped me out of my dress.

" where is he taking me?" I put on the light purple sundress she handed me on.

" I can't tell you. It's a surprise." She handed me a pair of white thong sandals. The had a white bow on the top. After I was done getting dressed she led me out to Kale. He took my hand.

When she walked out with Kenzie my heart started to pound faster. She looked beautiful. When she reached me I just smiled at her. " You look great."

" Thank you." She blushed. We walked out the doors into a mob of well wishers. They were throwing white flower petals in the air. I looked up at Kale and smiled he smiled in return. We got into his car.

" Where are we going?" I asked him. I was still curious.

" It's a surprise." We sat in silence as he drove out of the city. Twenty minutes later we pulled up to a gate. He leand out of the window and punched in a number on the key panel. The gates opened. We drove up a drive way lined in trees. At the end of the drive way was a house. If you could call it that. It was massive.

" Wow. This place is huge. I do have a question. What are we doing here?" I looked at him.

" I live here Kenna. I bought it last month. Before you decided you wanted to get married. I wanted to have a place to bring the twins when I had them. I used to live in a house like this when my parents were alive. I thought it was the perfect place."

" It's great. I like it. So do you want to live here?" I asked.

" Well we can if you want. But if you don't we can look into buying something else." He said.

" No this is great. I love it." She walked up to the front door. She tried the knob but it didn't open. I followed her up the stairs. I opened the door and led her inside. I turned on the lights. We went through all the rooms down stairs. When we went up stairs I took her to the master bedroom first. The only thing in the room was a huge four poster bed in a dark oak color with green and cream bedding.

" There are is a room on both sides of us. I kinda already decorated the room for the kids. I hope you don't mind. If you want to change them that's okay." He led me to the room next door to the master which I guess you could call ours. When e opened the door I was awed. The room was beautiful. Very elegant.

" This is beautiful Kale. I love it." I walked around the room and took in every detail. From the paint to the stuffed animal in the cribs. I went over to the closet. It was full of designer baby clothes and other expensive baby stuff.

" Kale I do have one question. What do you do for a living?" He smiled a half smile.

" I'm the CEO of a company that develops software for military grade operations." Why didn't I know that? (maybe because you never asked). Looking around the room I started to cry. " it's so beautiful. Thank you."