CL

“Land! Holy Shit I never thought I’d know what it feels like to feel ground” I exited the educational halls to find Elizabeth Hailey, my Politic class buddy and friend sprawled out unto the ground yelling to the heavens. I stepped over her making my way toward the dorms since school is officially over. As I made my way across her she grabbed my leg holding on to my ankle with all her might and life. “Come with me CL come be one with this freaky bitch we call Mother Nature” I yanked my leg away from her aggressively “ Stop being silly and get up we got ish to do today” She let out sudden laugh and then jumped up on her feet and proceeded to follow me to the girls dorm. See Elizabeth Hailey is what we would call “different”. She thinks “Different”, talks “Different” acts hella “Different”, but she’s the type of “different” person that you’d rather have with you then against. She goes through a different phase every other week. Last week she went through her Rasta stage and quit when she accidentally got her mom high off of her secret brownie. The week before that she was vegan, and before that she was a Taylor Swift wannabe, and she has the ex-bf hate songs to prove it. This week she’s a self-proclaimed Barbie doll, and she really got into this one. Her breast are twice the normal size thanks to her new Victoria Secret push up bras, her skirts are shorter, makeup is heavier, voice is higher, and her waist is smaller.  She has full bleached blonde hair with black tips, blue eyes and a sweet innocent smile forever plastered to her face that must have taken hours to perfect. Every now and again she flips her hair and giggles adorably at whomever she can guy, girl….dean. All the boys have fallen for her ways and I swear I can hear the drool forming in their mouths from miles away. She’s like the new “It” girl in school. We walked and talked about all the things that was going on in our lives.

“So give me all the deets on your life, like I just got to know?” she has a habit of saying questions in an asking way, another effect of the Barbie stage “What’s up with you and Dragon? How’s your parents, did they divorce yet? What about you did you pick any sides yet? Come on why aren’t you telling me is it that bad? Spill?!!

 I laughed to myself “ Well let’s see no divorce….no sides …..me and dragon are just fine and that’s all you need to know”

“What!! Oh come on why do you have to be so secretive about everything!! Aren’t we best friends or something?”

I turned my head to look her in the face turning my head after a few seconds “Friends you say?”

She stopped in her tracks becoming farther and farther away from me as I kept walking, she ran up to me catching up to me and she hit on my back and pulled me to a stop.

“Aish! It was a joke take the hint and ease off” she shushed me and whispered in my ear

“You see that girl over there” she whispered eyeing toward the crowd of students going to and from their classes and dorms

“How the hell am i-“

She pulled me closer to her quieting me as she maneuvered my head toward a lesser crowded area where a girl stood meekly chatting a few of her friends. From a simple glance you wouldn’t see anything too off about the group but this wasn’t a simple glance. This was a hard, forced glance and from that I could tell that behind the joyful eyes of the meek girls lay a hint of sympathy.