CL Pre-Chapter Introduction

“It was so weird, I don’t think I ever felt anything like that it was like whenever I wanted something bad to happen it just did. Like this girl Hailey, who totally thinks she’s the cat’s meow but she’s not she’s just desperate. I don’t even know why I hang out with her its so ugh whatever anyways so she was all model wannabe and I just looked at her and thought about pain and like right at that moment she got her period. Liikkee I felt it!! And I was kind of weak and stuff that morning but after that I just felt happy and peppy it was amazing!! And then there was this other girl Solange who-“

“Does it bother you Suzy, that you earn your happiness from other people’s misery? It’s kind of sad you know?

“Does it bother you that your life revolves around playing superhero bodyguard to every random Joe, you are such a goody goody two shoe! Get your nose out of everyone’s as-

“Minwoo! Suzy! Enough! You are family, being on opposite sides DOES NOT mean you are enemies!” My mom the sweet Samaritan just couldn’t take being around the chaos. It’s almost as if it literally sickens her from the inside. She took two deep breaths and tucked a strand of her silky long black hair out of her face and back into her messy bun; the bun that gave her a chic yet elegant look. She took a sip of orange juice and shot a quick glance at my father who happily stuffed his mouth with large chunks of meat.

Suzy my 13 year old little sister leaned across the table toward Minwoo, my little brother and also her fraternal twin and pinched his cheek playfully.

“Chingu! You are my twin, my love, my life. I love you yes I do, oh yeess who’s a kiss up?!?! YOU ARE! And your my kiss up, yes you a-“

“Suzy stop! I’m a man don’t treat me like a toy poodle” he pulled his face away and playfully smacked her hand away “ and don’t hover over my bowl of fruit you might shed some glitter in it or something” Mom and Dad laughed, and for the first time this morning I couldn’t help but let out a chuckle as well.

Suzy dropped down into her seat and gave a scowl that only someone from her side could make. “Aish! This boy, I give him my love and he throws it away. You are the worst of your kind” And that sentence started the argument that plagues our table whenever we as a family of differences, get together. It’s almost baffling that my family is who they are but at the same time we are one, together. Everyone knows their side, they know their place in the world. My eomma, a radiant angelic being, who has  light brown long silky hair that is enveloped in this continuous golden aura. My mother is of average height, with a slim hourglass figure with a laugh that could brighten any day. My brothers the spitting image of my eomma. Same eyes, same hair color, with a chubby baby face and medium lips. He’s a tall boy for his height; a handsome flower boy in the making. My dongsaeng and appa are twins of their own side. Both have very dark black hair, with deep dark piercing eyes and stunning faces. Suzy is short like my mom with the same slim figure while my father is tall, built and menacing. Everyone is together on their own side and then there’s me. CL. The Confused Lady. The one who will tip the scales within this house. It’s a shame my little siblings have already chosen sides, in fact, by the time they were nine, their minds were made up. I don’t think it’s fair to me, my mom and my dad, angel and demon in love and have been for over 200 years. Accepting one another for the decision they have made. Almost as if the love and family came first and sides second. Yet, it matters so much what decision us kids make. What if I want to be an in-between, if that exist. I feel like I’m in the middle of a divorce, no matter what decision I make someone’s going to get hurt. And I know they want me to choose soon. I can feel it in my soul.