Chapter 1

"Thanks again, girl, and just know anytime you need me or Ray to do something for you, we got you ok? You really pulled through for us." Jacob was trying to balance the phone on my ear, the grocery bags in my hand and trying to unlock my front door all at the same time.

" No problem, Jacob. I know Drew is a good kid and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Did you tell Ray yet?" Jacob's friend Kelly asked.

" Oh no no no! I was going to wait until he got home from his trip to tell him. I know he's trying to close a deal with this other company and didn't want him to cut the trip short. But I'm going to tell him as soon as he gets home." Jacob finally gets his key through the keyhole and unlocks the door. Before going any further he sets the alarm. He walks into the house and puts the grocery bags down on the kitchen island and starts to put them away.

" OK well I have another case coming in right now, so I'll have to talk to you later. And what you can do for me is have another night out with me and the girls. Your always so coped up in that house." Jacob chuckled at this. He didn't have to work so he was a full-time husband and father to his children. He cooked, cleaned, took care of the kids, and his husband round the clock. If that was a job, then his home was considered his workplace.

"I don't know, I'll have to talk to Ray about it first. You know he got mad last time when I came home drunk, girl." At this both Kelly and Jacob started laughing. The two had been friends for a long time now, and often went out with two of their other friends to clubs/lounges. One time Jacob went out and came home drunk, The kids were asleep but Ray wasn't. The next morning before Ray went to work, he yelled at Jacob about being irresponsible.

" But alright, girl I'll see what I can do."

" Ok, bye boo."

"Bye, hun."

Jacob hung up the phone and continued to put the groceries away.

" Your not going unless I can come, too." Jacob let out a little scream at the sound of a voice right behind him. He spun around and let out a squeal at the sight of his husband of 17 years standing in the kitchen.

"Ray!" He's home.