Chapter 15

****last chapter then an epilogue 

____________________________________________________________________

"Come the fuck out and face me!" Elijah ranted in the house, trying to find Ray.

Ray continues to back up away from the sound of Elijah's voice. His arm is still bleeding profusely and Ray can fell himself slowing down.

Then, Ray realizes he doesn't hear Elijah's ranting anymore.

"Gotcha!" Ray hears Chresanto's voice from behind him. Ray turns to sprint away but is caught by Chresanto.

Chresanto wraps his arms around Ray's chest, putting pressure on Ray's wound. Ray shouts in pain and squeezes his eyes shut.

Chresanto throws Ray down on the floor and begins to kick Ray in the chest and stomach.

"Stop, Chres! Not yet." Elijah says, walking over to stand in Ray's view.

Chresanto looks down at Ray with hatred while holding the back of his head. When his hand comes away, there is blood on it.

"Fuck man, put some ice on that." Elijah says, looking at the blood.

Elijah hauls Ray up and all three of them walk to the kitchen. .Elijah sits Ray down and pours himself a glass of wine.

Chresanto goes into the freezer and pulls out the ice tray. Chresanto can see other ice trays in the way back of the freezer. 'Why do they have so many ice trays?' Chresanto wonders to himself.

Ray watches the two thieves invade his kitchen as he goes in and out of consciousness. The wound is still flowing and hurting Ray.

"We need to leave, the police are on their way." Chresanto says.

"I know." Elijah says, then turns to Ray. "Where is your bitch and bastards?"

Ray doesn't say anything and lays his head on the counter.

"Right here, motherfucker." Jacob says, startling everyone in the kitchen.

A shot is fired off, immediately hitting Elijah in the side. The impact of the gun sends Jacob flying back and he drops the gun.

"Fuck!" Chresanto shouts and crouches down on the floor.

Jacob quickly picks back up the gun and goes and stands over Chresanto and Elijah, who is still alive.

Suddenly, police sirens are heard outside and officers come rushing inside the house.

Once, the Elijah and Chresanto are taken away and Ray has received medical help, Jacob makes his way over to the freezer in the kitchen.

He reaches his arm back into the back of the freezer and pulls out the last two ice cube trays.

Jacob sighs in relief when he sees the diamonds Ray gave him, the size of his pinky fingernail, still frozen in the ice cubes.

________________________________________________________________________

almost done..........................