Chapter 4

Hearing commotion coming form the driveway let Jacob know that someone was home. Knowing the voices of his son and his two friends  Jacob, moves out of he kitchen and into the foyer to greet them.

' Davie must have convinced Ray to take her to Menchie's or something' Jacob thought.

Hey Mr. Lopez, how you doing?" Drew's girlfriend Lorelei said after walking in after him.

" Hey, dad. I was wondering if I could get out of going to Davie's game tonight? I wanted to study with Ronnie and Lorelei."

Drew knew that whenever he had a football game, that Davie and Jacob ( and Ray, if he was in town) always came to his game and supported him. But he wanted to stay at home and chill with his friends while he still had the chance. He knew once his other dad got home, he probably wouldn't be allowed to go out again until he graduated in 2 years.

" Hey, sweetie and I'm doing good." Then Jacob addressed Drew's question. "No, baby, I'm sorry they can't stay and your going to Davie's game tonight." Taking a deep breath Jacob turned around and started walking back to the kitchen and said," And your dad's home."

At this Drew immediately went after Jacob into the kitchen and his friends followed. "What?! When did he get home?! Where is he right now?Did you tell him already?" Drew fired off question after question. He thought he at least had a little time before his other dad got home. He knew he was in for a world of trouble.

" He got home this afternoon. He closed the deal he was working on early. He went to go pick up your sister from school and yes I already told him." Jacob continued on with making dinner. He wanted his family to eat before they left to go to Davie's volleyball game.

" Oh Shit! Drew yo daddy is about to whip yo ass, when he get home!" Drew's friend Ronnie said.

" Ronnie unless your an adult, in this house, you know we don't allow cussing," Jacob warned. He knew Ronnie had the mouth of a sailor because his parents allowed him to cuss at home.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lopez. When you gon let me take you out to dinner, anyway? I got a lot of side chicks but you know I'm willing to make you my main." Jacob didn't even falter in what he was doing, having been used to Ronnie saying things like this to him.

Jacob had to admit though that it felt a little good sometimes to know that he was still attractive to someone that wasn't his husband . Even though he would never in a million years feed into what Ronnie was saying. At 37 years old and nearing 40, he felt like he was losing his beauty.

Jacob knew that Ray being home was really must have really been getting to Drew because usually he would have said something to or hit Ronnie for making a pass at his dad.

"Drew, you know how your dad is about things like this. You should have been prepared. I guess next time you'll think before doing something stupid. Now Ronnie and Lorie can't stay for dinner. They have to leave, Drew. Walk them out."

Drew sighed and rested his head on the counter top. He knew he was really in for it when his Pops gets home. " Come on y'all." He called to his friends, leading them outside.

♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️

" Mama, daddy's home and he's coming to my game!" Davie burst in the door saying. She still had her uniform on and , just like Jacob guessed, had a Menchies cup in her hand.