Chapter 4 : Entering the world of Christianity

Chapter 4 :

      In this chapter I will explain how to become a forever friend of Jesus.

So let's get started!!

      So first off, there are 7 steps to becoming a follower of Christ. The first step would be to 'recognize your need'. God loves you, He know everything about you and is inviting you to become a child of God. The question is are you going to accept it? God loves this world so much that He gave his one and only son, so everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. It says basically that in John 3:16. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

      The next step would be to 'Admit that you are a sinner'. We are all sinners and always fall short to God's glorious standard. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;". -Romans 3:23.

      The third step would be to 'believe in Jesus Christ'. He died to pay the penalty for your sins. He was buried and was raised from the dead on the third day. Just as the scriptures said. "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to scripture; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scripture."

-1 Corinthians 15:3-4. Christ suffered for ours sins once and for all time. He never sinned, but he died for all sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the spirit. Read 1 Peter 3:18 for more detail.

      The fourth step is to 'accept God's gifts'. God has offered you the gift of salvation and eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Check out Romans 6:23, for more information. "But as many as received Him, to them gave his power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe in His name." -John 1:12. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9. Romans 10:13 says "For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

      The fifth step is to 'make a commitment'. Pray to receive Christ as your personal saviour and Lord. You can pray a prayer of your own, or if your looking for a little help you can pray this one:

      Father in heaven, I recognize that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I turn from my sin and everything that I know is wrong in my life. Please forgive me for all my sins. I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and died for my sins. Thank you. I now recieve Jesus as my personal saviour and Lord. I ask you to come into my heart by the holy spirit and give me eternal life. I commit my life fully to you. I want to live for you for the rest of my life. I pray this in Jesus' name.

      There's nothing magic in the words of the prayer. They simply reflect the attitude of your heart and express your deliberate decision to receive Christ as your saviour and Lord. The important thing is your deliberate decision.

      Step six is to 'Be assured'. Having committed your life to Jesus, you can now be assured that Jesus did His part and that you are now a Christian-a child of God. "Verily, Verily, I say unto you, He has heard my word, and believe in Him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but has passed from death unto life." -John 5:24. "But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God; and that believing that you might have life through his name." -John 20:31.

      And the last step would be to 'join the family'. So now that you've become a Christian, you should find a church to grow in your faith and become a fully functioning member of the family of God. Look for a church that teaches the bible faithfully and that conscientiously follows the teachings of Jesus.

      There's no right way to choose a church, but you might want to ask friends or colleagues where they attend. I would also recommend downloading the app 'new life'. On this app you can read the bible, get big life questions answered, and you can find your local churches. It's a really great app.

      So when you locate a church you are interested in, you can give them a call, or drop in during their time of worship. As you start visiting churches you will realise that the churches have some things in common, but each of them are unique, in some of the programs and such.

      When you find a church that you connect relationally and be encouraged by fellow believers, make a personal commitment to attend that church for an extended period of time. This will allow you to meet people, learn what they do in the community, and have a chance to get involved.

      Many churches have small groups that meet regularly for fellowship and also to study the bible. You would benefit greatly by joining one of these groups.

      "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." -2 Peter 3:18.

      Hope you guys liked this chaper. Please continue to read my book when I post every Monday. Love you guys!! xx And please feel free to request topics... thx guys!! ;-).