Chapter 5: Living out your faith

Chapter 5:

Your Christian faith provides the basis of how you live day to day. As a Christian you should apply the bible's teachings into every aspect of your life. As well as the teachings of Jesus. As you read the bible you will learn about topics like honesty, integrity, treating people with love, helping the poor, dignity and respect, sharing your faith, and many other things. All these things really do affect your everyday living in various ways. As you grow in your faith you will notice these changes in the ways that you live and act.

A lot of people ask me "But how do I grow in my faith, and have a strong relationship with God?"

Well, the first step is to find some time everyday to read the bible, study the scripture, memorize important verses, and incorporate the truths from the bible into your life.

One of my own struggles when I first became a Christian, was finding the time to read the bible. Not only that but pushing myself to do it when I did have time. When I looked at the bible, it's a bit intimidating, it's a huge book. But if you read a couple chapters a day, you can do it!! Remember it is the 'word of God', this is a way for Him to speak to you!

I will give you an example. In youth one weak we were talking about how God wants us to live. So my leader showed us this bible verse. "By joyful always. Pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -1Thessalonians 5:16-18. (We are gonna talk about this topic more in the next chapter.)

From those bible verses, I took the first step and got myself a little book where I would write 6 things everyday that I am thankful for. And on those bad days I would have to try harder to fish out those things, but I always put a lot of effort into that. I would try to get to a certain amount, usually 1000. And I usually made those goals, but not always. And that would be an example of following the bible.

Also pray often, and invite Christ into every area of your life, in all your decisions and relationships. Spend time with other believers and learn, and grow with them. Remember who you were before, but don't be ashamed about your new faith.

Share your faith with those who haven't turned their life to Christ yet. Boldly live out your faith and as you do so, others will see the changes in you. And always be prepared to give some reasoning behind your faith. And above all, focus eyes on Jesus Christ. Live to please him in everything you do, recognizing that it is only because of God's grace that you are now living a life of joy, peace, happiness, and hope. So love the Lord your God with all your heart, and all your soul, and all your strength.

Most of the time you will find yourself talking about what you believe to people like family members, friends, people you work with or neighbours. And that is a great start, but when the appropriate time comes you can share your testimony. Which means the story of how you became a Christian, and what being a Christian means to you.

It is good to be friends with believers, to learn and grow with them. But it is also a good idea to make friends with non-believers, to teach them about Christianity and hopefully change their life as well. And be an example to those who don't know Christ. When there is something you are worrying about something, ask God to guide you and give your worries to him.

These are some bible verses that you can use to share the good news:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his one begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16.

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory if God;"

-Romans 3:23.

"As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one;"

-Romans 3:10.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." -Romans 6:23

"For I delivered unto you first if all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he had buried, and that he rose again the third day, according to the scriptures" - 1Corinthians 15:3-4.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - 1John 1:9.

That's my Chapter 5 everybody. Thank you sooo much for reading my book, I love you all... xx. I will also be posting another chapter today about 'The Christmas Story!!'. Please read it... Enjoy!!!