Chapter 10: Using spiritual gifts

Chapter 10:

      Whether your spiritual gift is teaching, or serving, or encouraging, or giving or leadership, it should be used in the glory of God.

      There was a story in the bible where Jesus gave three men each some money. And one man invested his money and earned a lot more. One man invested and got a little more money. And the other man buried his money.

      It is good to invest your money, not to hide it. It is best to use your spiritual gifts to help the world, and to share the gospel with non-believers. It's not right to just hide all of your gifts and talents. You should share them with the world.

      Here are some bible verses about spiritual gifts:

Peter 4:10 ESV

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:

Romans 12:6 ESV

Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith;

1 Peter 4:10-11 ESV

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 4:14 ESV

Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders laid their hands on you.

Romans 12:6-8 ESV

Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

Matthew 25:14-30 ESV

“For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money.

Matthew 5:14-16 ESV

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Colossians 3:23-25 ESV

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality.

Matthew 25:29 ESV

For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

2 Timothy 1:6 ESV

For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands,