Chapter 4

It's been a week since Licht started working on the villa and she's doing great at her job. Somehow they really don't clean that much but since the house was big it was still tiring.

Clara and her has become good friends in the week they've been together and they learned many things about each other, they even referred to Maris as their mother in that place and Maris was happy with their presence.

"To think that you have such a rough childhood and yet you're still so trong. I admire you for that." Maris said to Licht as she ruffled her hair and she gave her a small smile.

"But don't you think hating all wolves is too extreme?" she asked knowing well that her own wolf was not happy for the hatred thrown at her because of a regular wolf killing a human.

"No, I don't think so." Was her immediate reply to Maris, making the woman frown. "Well we have different opinions." Clara butted in seeing the different moods of the two. Maris sighed. 'Clara's right. The girl might have been traumatized to hate wolves that much.' her wolf said in understanding.

'Wow, I can't believe you didn't get angry and easily accepted it.' Maris replied to her wolf in astonishment. 'Well I just can't get angry with Litch, there is something about this girl. ' her wolf replied, there's just something about these girls that made it want to protect them and Maris just shrugged, ignoring the itching thought.

"You're right Clara, but anyways I'm really happy I hired the both of you. You are both strong and very hardworking." She said with a clap. The girls blushed deeply.

"I'm not strong." Clara muttered, embarrassed, pink tinted her cheeks as she fiddled with her hands.

"Yes Clara you're not just strong, you're kind too. I mean living your whole life in an orphanage is hard and now working hard for the other kids there is admirable." Licht told the girl in smiles.

Looking at the clock, Maris stood up and straightened her uniform then she faced the two "Well, though I really love chattering with you girls we need to work. And by the way Lark is coming home tomorrow so we should really clean the house 'til it sparkles." she commanded and the two stood up to obey.

--

As Clara and Licht continue their work, they fell into a serious conversation. "So our boss is coming home tomorrow, I'm very nervous right now." Clara admitted, while polishing one of the numerous statues in the house. Licht shrugged her shoulders, "Well in all honesty, I'm actually nervous too and a bit excited. For some reason." She stated shaking her head, confusion painted on her face.

"What do you think does he look like?" Clara wondered, trying to picture the owner of the house. The other girl hummed in thought, "You're right. We don't really know how he would look like. I mean there's not even one picture of him here!" Licht responded, though she pictured him as a broodingman perfect for the lonely atmosphere this house exudes.

"Well we will see him tomorrow so let's not ponder on it too much. Let's just continue our work." she said heading to the other room to clean and Clara followed behind her.

--

Finally the sun came up and the house was busy preparing for the arrival of Lark. "Uhmm, Maris now that I think about it how should we address him?" Licht asked while wiping the non-existing spot of dirt on the counter.