Chapter 7

For the next few days, Lark and John stayed at the villa, content with looking after their mates. Of course the two girls have no idea what they meant to the two man.

Licht was stationed by Maris to be in charge of Lark's room and office. She was adamant at first but it was an order so she obeyed. For her, the mate pull and constant sparks that erupts when they touch is scary and exciting at the same time. She had no idea why she was attracted to her employer. It was the first time she actually looked at a man properly.

Licht can't help but notice his dark eyes framed by lush eyelashes. His ebony hair looked so soft that she wanted reach out to touch it. And as much as she wanted to stop, her eyes often wandered towards his lips. It was bad when he was talking to her and she was suddenly drawn to it.

If it was possible to explode, her head might've done that a long time ago. There are a lot of times when she found him looking at her. Or he caught her looking at him.

What the hell is happening?

But to be honest, what she liked the most was that he became gentler at her after apologizing. He and his bestfriend John even help them when it comes to certain chores, mostly when it comes to climbing or carrying heavy things. They tried to stop them but they are very persistent.

Licht often wandered why the hell they're so nice and careful of them. Heck, they even ordered that they eat at the same time. What boss eats along his maids? As weird at it was, they became used to it after a few times. Clara was still her shy self and she became much more conscious with John around. And boy did he always followed her.

Licht fondly looked at her work as she tapped the dirt off her dress. "Oh it's so beautiful. You have a talent for this!" Maris gushed from behind her, eyes shining as she looked at Licht's creation. She beamed at the compliment.

Since the house really looked gloomy and sinister. She took it upon her to liven things up and put some color on the villa.

When they went to the store to replenish the groceries, she found a flower shop selling different kinds of seedlings and blooms that she can't help but ask the older woman if she can revive the old garden beside the villa.

Maris of course asked Lark first. Fishing the cellular phone from her pocket since mindlinking and knowing his answer would baffle the girls. It took a few rings before his gruff voice was heard.

"Is something wrong Maris? Why'd you call me through cell?" Lark asked, worried if something happened to his mate or what. He was against them leaving the house alone but he can't always follow her without raising suspicion or being called a creep. He heard the older woman laugh at his reaction before stating her reason for calling.

"Oh Lark you silly boy. Of course we're fine. They're with me you know." She replied teasingly.

"Maris." He said a bit warningly and she only laughed again.

"Patience boy, it won't kill you. Anyway, before you finally burst a blood vessel, Licht have something to ask from you." Hearing her name, Licht shook her head when Maris smiled at her slyly.

"What for?" Lark asked but he was glad that his mate want something from him. Whatever it was, he'd give her anything. It was a shame that she was still reserved after a few days had passed but he can be patient as Maris said. He can't overwhelm her with something as big as his secret.

"Licht will tell you, here." Maris stretched the phone at the anxious girl, she could only chuckle a little at her red face. Licht took the phone with hesitation, glaring at the older woman for setting her up like that.

"Uhm, Sir." she started unsure, Lark hated being called by that by his mate so he quicly rectified her. "How many times have I told you to just call me Lark. Sir sounds too old." He replied, loving the frustrated huff he heard on the other line.