What if Squirrelflight chose Ashfur?

*Image Credit*

Squirrelflight and Ashfur | by shirozaru on tumblr

––––––

A dark speckled gray tom walked into camp with a mouse in his jaws. He dropped  it on the fresh-kill pile, and then walked over to an orange she-cat.

     "Do you want to go hunting Squirrelflight?" he asked her.

     "Weren't you just out hunting, Ashfur?" Squirrelflight asked teasingly. 

     "Yes, but the Clan could use some more fresh-kill," Ashfur replied.

     "Yes it does." Ashfur turned around to see Brambleclaw speak. "But you two won't be getting it. The hunting patrol will. You two are going on border patrol along Shadowclan lines."

     "Okay," Ashfur replied.

     Squirrelflight walked up to Ashfur, ignoring Brambleclaw. "Who are we taking?' she asked.

     "You're taking Brightheart, Sorreltail, and Cloudtail," Brambleclaw said.

     So they found those cats and went on the border patrol. When they got there, Cloudtail smelled the border and said, "They moved theirs a tail-length in." Ashfur went up to the border and nodded in agreement.

    "Thunderclan does not own this any longer!' Ashfur saw Russetfur yowl as she jumped out of a bush.

    "No, this is Thunderclan territory," Ashfur said. "If you want it, come and get it."

     Russetfur yowled and more cats came out.

     "Sorreltail, go get help!" Ashfur said quickly. She nodded and ran off, but Russetfur sent someone after. Some cat leapt onto Cloudtail and another leapt onto Brightheart. Toadfoot leapt onto Ashfur, but he got him off. He saw Squirrelflight struggling with three cats. Ashfur got one of them off of her and the other one leapt on top of him and clawed him down the side, but he fought the cat off.

    "Are you ok?" Squirrelflight asked as she came back from chasing off the other cat. He nodded, and another Thunderclan patrol came and defeated ShadowClan. They started to head back when somebody yelled,

     "We will defeat Thunderclan by killing you one by one." Then Ashfur saw a cat fall from the tree, dropping right over Squirrelflight.         

    "Squirrelflight move!" Ashfur heard Brambleclaw yell, but she just looked up stunned. Before Brambleclaw could do anything, Ashfur rammed into Squirrelflight, making her move out of the way. The cat from the tree landed with a loud thud. Cloudtail walked up to him,

     "He's dead." The cats less injured carried him back to the ShadowClan border.

     "You saved my life."Squirrelflight whispered to Ashfur. "I would have died if it wasn't for you, I love you."

    "I love you too," Ashfur replied. They entwined their tails together and walked back to camp, purring together as new mates.