Nylia

Nylia'a POV

I watched through the mirror as the man on the other side peered at himself. He closed his eyes and suddenly he grew a tail and fangs. Interesting.

He closed his eyes again and the oddities disappeared. I touched the mirror lightly as he looked himself over and grinned. The glass rippled like a pond and I felt a familiar presence. I pulled my hand away and watched for a response, but he didn't seem to see the ripple.

Could he have been touched by the same water? That same pond in the abandoned building? I reached out as if to grab his arm but my hand stopped at the wall of glass. He left sight of the mirror and I sighed. Time to get back to looking for an escape.

I turned back to the reverse world noting its ever present emptiness. The violet clouds swirled in the distance, and strikes of red and blue lighting shown bright against them. I never traveled that far into the reverse world, it just seemed better to stay close to Lylia. I moved just barely skimming the swirling clouds under my feet. In the reverse world walking wasn't really an option, so I just hovered like a ghost.

The next mirror I found was empty. The mirrors here were like windows into the other world. You could look in but never enter. I spotted a reflective surface and moved closer to it. In it I saw a man sitting at a desk. He turned and I saw it to be Sebastian. The room looked like a lab of some sort, with vials full of colored liquids.

He was mumbling to himself about something, and as he neared I heard bits of it.

"Where could that building be?-is there a chance I could find this mysterious water?" I pressed hand against the surface and leaned closer. "Could it have altered his DNA? So many questions with no answers." He looked frustrated and then he crumpled to the floor. His back shook and when he leaned back on his feet, holding himself up on his hands, I saw blood on the floor. He coughed and more splattered on the floor.

What is going on? I watched without moving, frozen to the spot.

He slammed his fist into the floor and I jumped. "Damn! I should have preformed that last experiment on myself!" he dropped onto the floor leaning back on his hand while wiping his mouth with his other. "I need something to fix it." He glanced around the room his eyes finally settling on a vial on the counter in the middle of the room. He pushed himself of the floor and reached out to the counter for support. Once he regained his balance he grabbed the small vial and a syringe. He glanced between the two before filling the syringe and positioning it at his arm.

"No, stop!" I yelled but he didn't hear me. "What are you doing, didn't you learn from the last one?!" I pounded on the invisible wall, but he jabbed the needle into his vein and injected the red liquid. Once the syringe was empty he yanked it out and immediately collapsed to the floor leaning against the counter. He was breathing heavily and I couldn't comprehend what was happening.

Slowly his breathing returned to normal and he didn't look so weak. He stood nimbly and quickly almost like a wild cat. Then he examined his wrist and I saw some his veins were black, but they were fading away.

"I should have thought of this sooner." What was he talking about? "His blood is more powerful than I thought."

I backed away from the image and spun around I needed to tell Lylia, but something told me to wait. I eyed the swirling clouds and felt a resonance within them. I needed to figure the reverse world out before I could help Lylia. And the fastest way was somewhere hidden in the deepest part of the storm. I formed a pair of deep violet wings on my back using the surrounding clouds. I opened them their full span of 12 feet and leaped into the air. Flight was the fastest travel in the reverse world.

I sped of toward the center flapping to gain altitude then diving to gain speed. I felt the urge to hurry, and I knew it was important.

-----------

Lylia's POV

I felt a pang in me that told me Nylia was moving further away. But I knew she would come back after all she was my reverse self.

I looked into the mirror and tried to see through it to the reverse world. All I saw was my reflection staring back. I sighed, if she could see me here, shouldn't I be able to see her in the reverse world. It made sense but of course that wasn't the case. I reached out and pressed my palm to the glass, it rippled slightly and my eyes widened. What if I can see the other side? I focused on looking through the mirror into the other side. I blinked once and I could just faintly make out a swirl of dark color through the glass. And what I saw startled me, breaking my focus and I stumbled back falling on the ground. What was that?