Breakfast Date

-Author's Note: Hello my Lovely people! I hope you enjoy the adorable pic if that living creature at the top. Oh, and the dog. Just kidding! Anyways, I hope you enjoy!-

I wake up to the sun beaming down at my eyes. I blink a few times before squinting and turning my head, to see Lillian still asleep. Quietly, I stand up and get my phone to check the time. It's 9:32. Yawning, I leave the room, closing the door behind me. I turn the corner out of the hall and I see Awsten sitting on the couch on his phone. I must have caught his attention because he turned to me. "Good morning!"

"Good morning." I smile. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, did you though?" He sets his phone down on his lap.

"Actually, very! I know I've said this so much already, but thank you again." I give an awkward giggle at my constant thanking.

"Serenaaaa. You don't need to keep thanking me, it's really no problem!" He laughs.

I walk over by him and sit down where I did last night on the couch. "Well, just as an extra, could I maybe make you breakfast or something? I feel like at least I could do something to help while I'm here then."

"No." He grins. "You don't get to do stuff just because you stayed the night." He gives me a playful shove.

"Heyyy. Why not?" I frown.

"Because. Why don't we go out to breakfast?" He asks with a smile.

"Only if you let me pay." I point at myself for emphasis.

"Hm.. Let me think... No. I can pay." He continues to grin.

"Duuude it's just breakfast. I can pay. Besides, I seriously need to do something to repay you." I look at him.

"Fine, fine. You win." He stands up. "Is Lillian awake?"

"Not yet. But I'll get her." I stand up too and walk into the room. After I shut the door, I quickly get dressed into a pair of jeans and a tank top. When I'm done, I walk over by the bed and sit on my knees to be at bed level.  "Lillian?" I put my hand on her back and rub it so she notices.

"Mmnn.. Whattt?" She doesn't open her eyes.

"We're gonna go and get breakfast. You gotta get up." At that, she opens her eyes.

"Where are we going??" She asks, sitting up.

"I'm not sure yet. He's driving, and after that, we're going home.. Okay?" I nod to her.

"Okay.." She fell asleep in her clothes from yesterday, so she didn't change. But they still look clean anyways, so she doesn't change.

"Okay. You can head out there. He's out there. I'm gonna put our stuff back in the bag okay?" I stand back up.

"Okay!" She runs out of the room and into the living room, where Awsten is. I grab my clothes and hers, stuffing them back into the bag and zipping it up.

I then walk over to the bed, and take the comforter off. I fix the sheets, and make the bed again so it looks like it had when we came. Smiling at that, I grab my bag and leave the room.

"I made the bed again." I say to him.

"Oh, thank you." He says with a slightly honored expression on his face. "Are you ready?"

"Yep." I grab Lillian's hand gently. "What about you?" I ask, looking at her.

"Yeah!" She grins widely.

"Okay!" He walks over to the door, opening it for us to walk out. After we're all out, I put Lillian in the car. Then I climb in the front passenger's seat.

"So.. Where are we going?" I ask.

"Well if you have anywhere in mind then we can go there." He pulls out of the driveway.

"Nowhere in particular... You can choose." I lean my head againsy my arm and I hear him gasp.

"I have an idea. There's a new diner like 5 miles away that's suppose to be really good. Maybe we could try going there?" He turns towards that direction.

"Sure!" I say joyfully.

Lillian stayed quiet for a bit before speaking up. "Are you guys dating or something, Mommy?"

I laugh awkwardly and loud. "No! We're friends. Besides, I just met him like a week ago."

He pouts. "Well damn, that was a fast no." He laughs.

"Well it's true!" I say trying not to crack up again.

"Yeah, but it was funny." He says, pulling into the diner.

It's mostly silent as we get in and get our seats. After ordering though, he finally asks something. "So. Do you have any family?"

"Oh.. Uh, kind of." I try not to dwell on the subject much.

"Kind of?" He has a sullen expression on his face.

"Well I say kind of because I do, I just don't keep in contact with them." I say, stirring my coffee.

"Huh. Do you care if I ask what happened? Or is it too personal?" He takes a sip of his drink and Lillian colors on her placemat.

Gulping, I continue. "No, it's fine. They don't really like me.  So you know about what happened. Andrew told you all of that. But, after I told my parents about me being pregnant, they kind of disowned me. The fact it wasn't my choice didn't matter to them. They just kicked me out. Once I asked them why, despite the fact they know it was rape, they said they were 'too scared of the way it would look on them as parents.' and ' The random looks from strangers, thinking they raised their kid to be a whore at 15.' So yeah. Long story short, I want nothing to do with them, and vice versa."

"Yikes. That sucks. I'm sorry." He looks slightly concerned.

"Nah, don't be. I have good friends, and Lillian. That's all I need." I smile and she looks up at me.

"Well you're an amazing Mom and I don't need no Daddy!" She snaps her finger sassily.

"Dang, you sure are my kid." I slump back in my seat sighing. "Not that that's a bad thing." I say with a grin.

At that, our food came to the table and we started eating.