Unfortunate

-Author's Note: Heya! This is a couple days late, I'm sorry! I haven't been feeling well lately so I've not updated as quick. Anyways, I really hope you like it!-

As we get done eating, we leave the diner and get in the car to get me home. "How was your breakfast?" He asks me, pulling out of the parking lot.

"It was really good, thanks. How was yours?" He smiles.

"Mine was great, thanks." He answers. "Did you eat good too, Lillian?" He looks at her in the mirror.

"Yeah!!" She chuckles.

"I'm surprised you don't live with anyone else though." I laugh.

"What do you mean?" He asks, confused.

"I dunno. Most people nowadays live with someone. Their girlfriend or boyfriend, parents, a friend." I sigh.

"Nah, not really anyone to live with anyways. I don't have a girlfriend, and nope, not living with parents. Besides, my friends have their own places anyways. So it's just me." He says with a matter-of-fact tone.

"Hmm. I see." I say quietly under my breath.

"But what about you?" He emphasises the you.

"I am living with someone!" I giggle.

"You know what I mean!" He rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Right. But no, same reasons as you. I'm not in a relationship, you know about my parents, and my only other friend is Andrew. So, yeah." I slump back in the seat.

"That makes sense." He mumbles. "Have you tried visiting your parents?"

"No. I haven't seen them in four years and I don't plan to any time soon." I look out the window, realizing there's no way to avoid the topic.

"Oh. Well who knows. Maybe they've changed?" He looks at me with a glimpse of hope.

"Hah, no. I wish. But they have my phone number, address, email. If they wanted to talk to me, they'd try." I sigh.

"Hmm. I'm sorry." He sounds sincere.

"Don't be. It's not a big deal to me anyways, it's just less people to worry about." I hear him chuckle.

"Well, that's one way to look at it." He grins.

"Yep!" I smile back.

After we get to my house, he parks in my driveway and I hop out of the car. He gets out, and Lillian follows behind me to the door. Standing at the door, I turn around. "Thank you, again, Awsten. It was really nice of you to let me stay the night over there to keep us safe." I smile sincerely.

"Anytime! I'm glad I could help." He smiles back at me.

I open the door and immediately gasp. "What the hell..??"

The house was trashed. The garbage cans were flipped upside down, the table was on it's side, furniture was flipped, there was even holes in the walls.

"What happened?" He asked from behind me.

"Come look.." I motion him to walk inside.

"Woah.. Did he do this?" He looks around, wide eyed.

Lillian tears up and runs into her bedroom to look. Then I hear her yell. "Mommy!"

I go over to her room. "Is your room destroyed too?"

"No... But there's a note on the dresser." She widens her eyes and hands it to me. "What's it sayyy?"

I walk into the living room with it for more light. "Well.."

Serena,

I know her name is Lillian. I told you I knew where you lived. I figured you'd leave for the night, and after getting here I'm right. This has given me the chance to search every last bit of this house looking for information. I found her birth certificate. I'm keeping it. And don't expect me to just do nothing. I'll show up when you least expect it to finish what I started.

I fold the letter back like it was, after reading it aloud. "Oh god." Awsten says. "I can call the cops if you want?"

"Uhh, yeah. That's probably best." I sigh.

Then he nods, and pulls his phonr out of his pocket. "Okay. I'll be back inside in a minute." He walks outside to call them.

"Mommy what's going on?" Lillian looks at me with her doe eyes and frowns.

"Don't worry, Hun. Nothing is going to happen." I lean down and kiss her forehead.

"Are you sure?" She pouts slightly.

"Positive." I smile.

"Pinky promise!" She shouts, waving her pinky in my face.

I wrap my pinky finger around hers and smile. "I promise, Lilly."

She giggles. "You only call me that when you promise me something."

"Oh, I do?" I chuckle.

"Yes!" She jumps up and wraps her arms around my neck. "But it's okay!"

I squeeze her tightly and set her back down. "Now. Go watch TV, or play." I shoo her to her room for a bit.

- I'm sorry this chapter is short, but it's kind of a filler from the last one to the next one. I hope you liked it!-