Backstabbed: Pt 1

-Author's Note: Hellooo. I'm so sorry for my update being so late. School is horrid istg. Anyways, I hope you still enjoy this. If there's anything I could do to make my writing better, please tell me. :)-

I open my eyes, as the sun beams in them, causing me to be blinded for a second. I look around to see...the living room? I sit up and hear a familiar voice from the chair opposite of the couch. "How did you sleep?"

I look over at Awsten who was beaming as he smiles. "Good... But why am I-?"

He seems to already know what i was planning to say. "You fell asleep there. I had to calm you down after the movie and you fell asleep. So I thought I shouldn't wake you."

I look at him sympathetically. "I'm sorry for the hassle. I feel bad."

"Don't worry about it." He smiles. "Do you want to go get breakfast?"

I smile widely. "Yeah! Where at?"

"Hm." He looks down like he's thinking. "We could go to the same place as before? Or there's anything you want, really."

"Did you like that place?" I say, tilting my head.

"Yeah!" He said, cheerily.

"Then let's go. Is Lillian awake?" I question.

"Not yet." He emphasises the yet.

"Okay." I nod.

"Do you want me to wake her for you?" He asks, pointing towards the room.

"Ah, sure!" I jump happily. Despite last nights thoughts, I seem to be unexpectedly happy this morning. But I'm perfectly fine with that.

He walks to the room, and I watch from the living room as he taps on her shoulder gently. I giggle to myself though, because she's not a light sleeper usually. He then taps her again. Then, I see her roll over, almost off of the bed before he helps her up and she walks out. "We're gonna get breakfast." I huddle down in front of her.

"I knowww..." She says, tired.

"You sleep all the time." I say with a giggle.

"Well, Mother. I am a growing woman." She says woman as if to make herself sound older.

"R... Right." I chuckle. Then, I hear my phone go off. I grab it, and accept the call. "Hello?"

"Hi. Where are you?" I hear a female say.

"Who is this?" I ask, leaning against the counter. Then, the call hangs up.

"Huh..." I shrug and put the phone in my pocket. "That was weird."

"What happened?" He asks, as Lillian climbs the couch to stand at his height.

"Someone just called and asked me where I was. When I asked who it was, they hung up." I nod, confused.

She looks at her success to reach his height and giggles at him. "Probably some prank call they didn't have planned out enough." Then he sees her and he grins.

"Probably. Are we ready to go?" I ask with slight confusion at the sudden call.

"Whenever you are." He smiles.

"Okay."

After we got to the table at the place, he decides to ask me a question. "So are you okay?"

"What?" I was confused at the short question.

"I mean, after last night. You seemed pretty shaken over your memory. I just wanted to be sure you were okay." He smiles, and it reassured me.

"Yeah. I'm doing well this morning. I'm gla-" My sentence was cut off by my phone ringing again. I sigh. "Sorry, hold on."

"Hel-"

"I see you." It was the same voice.

"What kind of prank is this?" I roll my eyes as the call hangs up.

"What was it this time?" He looks eager.

"Someone saying they see me." I laugh at the attempt to scare me. Still, the paranoia in the back of my mind was digging at me.

"Oh, shit.." He looks around. "It's probably a prank. But still, need to be careful. People are crazy."

"Yeah. Anyways. What were we saying?" I slide the phone back in my pocket.

"That was it. I'm glad you're feeling better this morning." He gives a meaningful look.

"Thank you." I nod happily.

"Oh, by the way. If that call comes again, can I answer it?" He asks.

"Feel free." I slide him my phone.

"Good." He stuffs it in his pocket.

"I'm hungryyy..." Lillian groans.

"It's okay. The food will be here soon." I rub her hair.

Then, I hear my phone go off. "Again?" He asks, aggravated. "They just called like 30 seconds ago..."

He picks up and puts it on speakerphone. "Hello?" It's the same person.

"Yes, hi. Are you willing to bring me HEB orange juice?" He holds back his laughter as the other person goes silent for a moment.

"Is this, perhaps... Awsten?" They say confidently. Then, Awsten goes pale.

"Oh..." He sighs. "Who is this?"

"No need for that. Where's the girl?" They ask demandingly.

"What girl?" He sighs.

"Serena." They say bluntly.

"She's not here." He replies just as blunt.

"Really? Because it seems she and her daughter are sitting right in front of you." I dart my eyes open wide and immediately scan them around, looking for anyone who could be doing this.

"If you really can see us, what is she wearing?" He points to me.

"A black sweater, and grey shorts." They sounded positive.

"Be more specific." He says.

"Look, I've already proven to you what you want." They mumble.

"I said. Be. More. Specific." He commands.

I hear a deep sigh. "The black sweater is cotton. The grey shorts are denim. She's wearing size 8 women's vans shoes, and a black ring, 3 fingers from the left on her right hand."

It goes silent before the call beeps, signaling they hung up. Immediately, I stand up and put Lillian on my shoulders as I dart to the door.