Chapter Five- The Breath Murderer?

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I had five minutes too spare before I meet up with Stephen, so I wasted that time prepping myself up. I tied my shoulder length hair into a ponytail, and then preceded rubbing lotion onto my mocha colored skin. Being ashy isn't attractive at all; neither is having crusty lips, so I added a coat of lip gloss to my lips. I started at my reflection once again and decided I looked presentable. I did a quick breath check before leaving and stuff a piece of gum into my mouth. My breath wasn't bad or anything, it just wasn't that great, and I rather have minty breath than having someone nostrils give out while talking to me. Breath is an essential, and it's sad that not many people believed in that.

As I continued to make my way to my locker, I saw a male figure already standing there waiting for me. I was surprised and impressed.

"Finally, you're here," he said.

"How long have you've been waiting?" I ask while opening my locker.

"Long enough," It was then that I realize he was invading my personal space, and the worst part was I smelt onions lingering on his breath. I scrunched up my nose in disgust and handed him a piece of gum.

"You need this more than I do." He looks down at me in confusion, until his brain finally processes my hidden message. He then laughs, which blasts my nose with another round of his stank breath. I immediately held my breath.

"Umm...Can you not do that, when your breath still smells like ass? It takes off from your attractiveness."

"I'm sorry, it's just this is the first time someone has been this blunt to me. Ha-ha... this is too priceless. The disgust on your face is amusing. So, you think my breath stinks," he says and blows his breath into my face. It's a good thing I was holding my breath.

"Yep, I'm done. I'm soooo done," I say while closing my locker and walking away from him. He then came running to my side chewing the piece of gum I had given him. Thank goodness, I thought.

"Am I good now?" he asked and blew his breath into my face once again.

I covered my nose real quick.

"I don't like breath; so find out on your own! Next time you blow your breath in my face; don't hold me accountable when I punch you in the mouth. Got it?" I threaten him with a fake smile.

"Is that a threat or a promise?"

"Well, why don't you try it again and see for yourself?" He chuckled at that.

"I'm just surprised you actually told me my breath smelled. Most people would just let me walk around here with shit breath, afraid that they might hurt my feelings if they told me."

"I don't believe in that BS and I don't know why other people do.

"Who knows, it's a mystery in oneself."

"You know what else is a mystery?" He stared at me curiously waiting for me to go on, "You eating onions for lunch and not bring anything to freshen your breath."

"Haha, are you hurt by that?"

"I'm very hurt. It's a tragedy. RIP Nostrils."

"Oh dear, I'm a breath murderer. I killed you with my stink breath," he says in a high pitch voice in mock horror. I laughed at that and had to bite my lip to stop.

"Oh gee a laugh. What a miracle? I was beginning to think you didn't have it in you to feel happiness," he remarked in a sarcastic tone.

"Aha. Whatever. I can feel happiness. It just it seems to drain out of me when you're around," I smirked in response, and he just rolled his eyes not having anything to say. He then pushes open the door for me to walk into the parking lot.