Chapter 9

"T-Taehyung?" you shuttered. You were scared. You love Taehyung. It was just never supposed to be like this.

    "You heard me. I love you. Y/N, please. I will make you happy. Every day until we die," he stated. He looked at you. You looked at his eyes. You saw a light and hope. You did what was best.

    "No, Taehyung. I can't accept you. Not like this. I love you, too. Just never like this," you said weakly. You  saw the light die out of his eyes. You turned on your heel. You couldn't face seeing him like this.

»»-------------¤-------------««

    You returned back to you seat. Your eyes were a bit red from crying in the bathroom after your conversation with Taehyung. You looked over at Jungkook. He looked back at you and gave you a small smile. He then reached for your hand and squeezed it. It seemed as if he already knew what happened.

    Just then a little kid tapped Jungkook shoulder.

    "Jungkookie~ come play with me!" she said. She looked around eight years old.
"Jungkook oppa, is that your girlfriend?" she asked.

    "Yes, Jiyeon-ah. This is Y/N," Jungkook said brightly. You gave her a small wave before she began to talk again.

    "Well, I don't like her," she said while running away. You stood up to go follow her before Jungkook grabbed your hand to stop you.

    "It's okay, Y/N. She'll be alright," he said. You took your hand out of his grip and continued after her. You ran down the halls in search of Jiyeon until you heard something. Someone was crying. Was that Jiyeon?

    "Jiyeon-ah? It's Y/N. Please come out. I only want to talk," you shouted.
You heard a click and a door opened. The little girl came out with her eyes red from crying.

    "Jiyeon-ah, what wrong? Are you okay?" you asked kindly. She shook her head.

    "You took Jungkook away from me. He used to only pay attention to me," she began. "But now I'm no longer his little princess." Oh, so that  is what all this about, you thought.

    "Well, I bet you still are because honestly? I don't think Jungkook treats me like his little princess," you scoffed. Jiyeon plastered a smile on her face.

    "Who says I don't treat you like a princess, Y/N?" a voice said. Jungkook was standing at the doorway. Your eyes widened at his presence. "Come here, Jiyeon."

    Jiyeon obeyed and went to Jungkook. "You always be my little princess, you hear? So never think otherwise," he stated. You smiled. Jiyeon and Jungkook hugged. "Now, Jiyeon-ah. I need to speak to my other princess so please head back to the party."

    Jiyeon went up to you and bowed. "Thank you, Y/N unnie," she said before dashing away.

    "Now... What were you saying about me never treating you like a princess?" Jungkook asked slyly.

    "Uh-I um-" you began. Before you could say any futher, Jungkook planted a kiss on you lips. You stood there shocked.

    "I like you, Y/N. You will always mean something special to me," he said before wrapping his arms around you. You hugged him back. You two stayed like that for a long time.

»»-------------¤-------------««

    When it was finally time to come out, everyone was just about finished with their speeches. You sat next to Jungkook on the benches in the back of the room. You could still hear the music being played by a pianist near the far corner. You stood up and went to him.

    You tapped his shoulder asking if you could play a piece. He got up so you could sit down. You memorized a song from your childhood and played it out.

    When you finished the song, you looked over at Jungkook. When you made your way back to him, he began to speak.

    "Wow, Y/N... I didn't know you played. You were amazing."

    You gave him a smile before sitting down next to him. You leaned your head against his shoulder. You didn't need to look at him in order to tell he was smiling.

»»-------------¤-------------««

    When you two arrived home, you undressed and head to bed. It became a habit sleeping with Jungkook. You snuggled up close to him.

    "Y/N..." he mumbled.

    "Yes, Jungkook?"

    "Good night."

»»-------------¤-------------««

    You felt happier then ever. It was early in the morning. You sat up and attempted to get out of bed. Jungkook quickly grabbed your hand and pulled you back down.

    "Five more minutes..."

    You wrapped your arms around him returning the gesture.

»»-------------¤-------------««

    When you two finally climbed out of bed, you suggested to go out for breakfast.

    You both drove to the nearest diner in the town. After you two placed an order, Jungkook began to speak.

    "So.... Y/N. I was um- wondering if you and I could do something later? Like maybe head to the beach or see a movie?"

    You nodded. "So like... A date?" you asked.

    "NO! Uh- I mean well if you want to to be. It's uh-"

     You interupted him, "The beach sounds fine." He seemed to relax a bit. You laughed.

    After you two finished eating, you headed for the beach.

»»-------------¤-------------««

    Not many people were here today. There was only a small family and a group of friends. You and Jungkook decided to sit on the giant rocks.

    You both looked out to the beautiful ocean. You looked over at Jungkook. He looked a little tense. You sighed and leaned your head on his shoulder. He stiffened at the sudden movement but slowly relaxed.

    "You know," Jungkook began. "If we every come back here again... I think I want to come back to this place." He smiled to himself.

    "Why is that?" you asked out of curiosity. He looked at you directly in the eyes and smiled wider.

    "Because this is the place where I realized that I am love with you, Y/N," he said meekly.