Part 41

*Rebecca's POV*

I walked through the front door and was instantly stood in front of my mother.

"Good time with Emma?" Mum questioned. 

"Great thanks" I smiled and ran upstairs into my room. I chucked my bag on the bed and sat down beside it.

"What do you want for tea?" My mum shouted up. 

"Nothing. I'm going out for dinner with Emma later" I lied through my teeth. 

"I'm glad you two are getting close again" She shouted up again. I didn't reply and just sat there, staring into space. I hated lying to mum. These past few weeks I had got a lot closer to her as I realized I was the only thing that she had left after nan died. I did love my mum, she raised me perfectly and never put a foot wrong, but after she took me away from my best friends, my boyfriend, my life, I could never forgive her fully. I heard footprints coming up the stairs and I quickly stood up to make it look like I was busy. Mum knocked on my door 3 times like she always did.

"Come in" I replied. 

"Darling, I'm going out tonight too, so make sure you take your keys with you in case you get home before me" Mum smiled.

"Okay, have a good night" I smiled back.

I moped around in my room for a bit before I got ready to go out. As I left the house, I tapped my pocket to make sure I had my keys and phone. I did. I skipped down the street and to the nearest bus-stop. 

"An adult into town please" I told the bus driver when the bus pulled up. I paid him and took my seat. I went into a bit of a daze and soon realized I was in town. I quickly stood up and rang the bell. I thanked the bus driver as I got off. 

"That way" I told myself as I looked in the direction of the restaurant.

I was excited to spend time with the others again, it had felt so long since I had been excited for something, and tonight I was in a good mood. I walked down the streets of busy Nottingham and finally I could see the restaurant in sight. The bright lights on the front could be seen from meters away and I felt a grin appear slowly on my face. 

"This is it" I whispered to myself.

*Sophies POV*

The time had arrived, Jay and I were both nearly ready for our date. We’d been together happily for a few months now, but tonight was special to me. All the boys had been so busy lately, Jay and I hardly got time to ourselves.

“Ready to go then?” Jay shouted, as he stood impatiently outside the van, waiting for me to finish getting ready.

“Yep, just putting my shoes on babe” I replied. I looked at myself in the mirror one more time to check I looked okay and carefully stepped out the van with a little help from Jay.

“You look stunning babe” Jay whispered, as he kissed me delicately. 

“Let’s go you soppy git” I laughed, nudging his arm lightly. Jay interlocked his hands with mine perfectly as we slowly walked into the town. Jay said he was taking me to a posh restaurant that he used to go to all the time when he was little, so I was sure we were going to have a good night. 

“Just a little further to walk” Jay smiled.

“I love you” I whispered. 

“I love you too?” Jay laughed. 

“I just don’t feel like I tell you enough” I kissed his cheek.

Jay walked in front of me and pulled my hand towards him. I spun me around and I fell into laughter.