Chapter 25

Hyungwon

"Babe.." I try to call Riana. She doesn't seem in the mood to face me just after she saw me and Daeum together.

"Tell me what's wrong.. Don't you trust me?" I asked inching closer towards her.

"It's not okay for me you suddenly bring a girl here in the house. And look at what you did? Why do I see crumbs and little spills on the floor?" She said.

"It was just because I prepared food but I was clumsy so I bumped into her, and so there. Please trust us, and you know one thing that you should know about her?" I said trying to get her in the good side.

"What?"

"She's an old friend! My secretary is my old friend from highschool. She used to be part of my squad with Monsta X!" I said happily.

".... Which friend? Is she not the friend which you fell in love for years ago...?" She suddenly asked wary.

At that moment, I suddenly do not know what to tell her.

"Tell me... Is Lee Daeum that girl you had your heart broken for..?" She asked again.

"Riana..."

"Is she your first love? Why can't you answer straight, is that it?" She got annoyed.

I kept shut and brought my head down instead, not wanting to face her.

"... Okay. I see." She said and left me going upstairs and slamming the door.

Now Riana's gonna double her trust issues within me and Daeum. How do I make her believe I'm over Daeum?

The world is small indeed.

___________________

Daeum

I go to work the next day but found my boss nowhere.

Is he late or absent?

Oh well, I decided to wander around the building instead.

As I was walking I suddenly felt eyes on me.

"Pssst!!" Someone called. Is it me?

"Daeum-ah!" Someone whisper-shouted.

I looked around and there I found him.

"Sir!" I said. I was surprised because his hair and buttons were still undone.

"Help me!!" He motioned, whisper shouting again.

I immediately came with him and we entered the janitor's room which was the room behind him.

"Ah.. there's so much dust." I spoke.

"Quick. Fix me now." He ordered.

"Ne!" I said getting to work as I brushed his hair with my hands to keep it decent. He kept steady for me to do all the work. Next, I buttoned his clothes. And let him wear his coat.

I felt his eyes darting on me as I do the job but I shook my thoughts off. I proceeded with his tie, making it neat as possible.

"There, sir." I said moving away from him.

".... thank you.." He softly said after clearing his throat.

We both immediately rushed to his meeting for he was running late.

"Good morning, everyone please go on. Sorry for being late." He barged in and rushed to his seat as I follow beside him, placing his documents infront of the table.

"Thank you." He nodded.

"Ne, sir." I gave the gesture back but as soon as I lifted my head up I saw the person I dread seeing again.