Chapter 15

As Will drove he noticed that he had nowhere to go. Sure he could go talk to Rachel but he didn't think that he would be able to talk to her at this point although it was very important that he did talk to her.

He pulled up to a stop sign and took a minute to look at himself in the car mirror and really try and figure out what he was doing. Rachel was important to him, he knew that but he really didn't know if they could be an actual couple. He was surprised at how much Rachel had cared about him as more than her teacher though. He didn't understand how she could be so calm about everything that had happened. They had both said they loved each other while in New York and broke off their relationships with their significant others but something still didn't feel right to Will.

A car honk from behind him took him out of his trance and he continued driving. This time however, with a destination in mind and a person he needed to talk to with an idea that would hopefully put the curious question to rest.

It didn't take long for him to arrive at Rachel's house and he found himself knocking at her door quicker than he thought. Rachel opened and looked at him in surprise. She didn't know that he was planning on coming over.

"Hi," Rachel said casually while wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Hi, can I come in?" Will asked pulling away. Rachel nodded and moved to the side so he could enter the house.

"So how did the meeting go?" Rachel asked still wondering about the outcome.

"It went fine, Figgins just asked some questions and came to the conclusion that the Glee club will need at least two chaperones whenever we travel now," Will explained.

"So he didn't find out about us?" Rachel asked double checking.

"No, we are in the clear," Will explained, hesitance clear in his eyes. He wanted to tell Rachel his idea but he just didn't know how to tell her.

"What's wrong, Will? I can tell something went wrong," Rachel stated.

"Where are your dad's?" Will asked noticing that the house was oddly quiet.

"They are out of town for a vacation. They needed time to themselves after everything that has happened," Rachel said.

"Oh," was all Will could think of to say. His eyes drifted around her house and Rachel immediately knew that something was bothering him.

"What's wrong, Will?" Rachel asked again, determined to find out. She was going to find out even if she had to pry it out of him.

"Nothing, everything's fine," Will lied as he looked to the ground to avoid eye contact.

"No, it's not. You're not telling me something," Rachel accused. She could always read Will's body language and he was acting strange although she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Fine," Will said giving in. Rachel nodded at him to continue.

"When I left, I ran into Emma in her office and told her that I couldn't be with her anymore," Will explained.

"Well that's a good thing, isn't it?" Rachel asked. In her mind she thought Will would have been happy to be over Emma as she was with Finn.

"Well of course, you know I care and love you Rachel, but," Will started to say but stopped thinking of how he was going to phrase his next sentence.

"But what, Will?" Rachel asked.

"It's just that I feel horrible for doing that to Emma. She wanted to go out with me and I totally just ruined our relationship out of the blue. Seeing her trying not to cry in front of me broke my heart," Will explained.