Chapter 29

Julieanna turned and looked at Skyler straight. He looked confused and worried. "Tell me what your talking about. I can feel your frustration."

She just stood there looking at him with these eyes so full of hate and anger. None of it was actually pointed at him but at all of this curse and hell. "Okay... You want to know everything?" She waited for him to nod.

"Well, you and I are a..."

Before she could finish everything stopped and stayed still. Skyler wasn't moving and nether was the wind or the birds. She spun around to see what was going on and then she spotted him.

The Dream Lord was standing right in front of her. So tall and he was so quiet and fast. She turned around and he was instantly in front of her looking down at her with those crazy yellow and red eyes that she knew she'd never forget.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He said in his authoritative tone. "Did you not understand what I told you not to do?!"

Julieanna looked straight up to him and hid the frightened look in her eyes. He was well over 6'5 but ah stood tall against him. "I was going to tell him everything. He's not getting it. I can't get to him."

"Just like you're not getting it and I obviously can't get to you either." he rolled his eyes and looked up the sky with and long sigh. "You know for an angel you are really wanting to go to Hell."

He looked back down at her and saw that she was actually pleading him with her eyes. She was troubled and had all these thoughts running through her head and he realized how much of an angel she really was. Wishing he could help her more than what he had done. Wanting her to grasp everything. He has never wanted to help someone in his life. But yet here he was finally seeing he felt something other than hatred.

The Dream Lord just couldn't do anything more. He can't let her tell Skyler. "Julieanna don't damn yourself. There is hope for Skyler. Just take A couple breaths and you know he'll stay for you but you have to make it clear and stable without telling him everything."

Everything started to spin and Julieanna closed her eyes tight. Losing herself she fell to her knees.

With her eyes still closed she tried focusing on everything coming to halt. She looked up and knew she wouldn't see anything but Skyler the way he had been minutes ago. Or well it should have been before time stopped.

"Are you okay?" Skyler said as he cocked his head to the side with concern in his eyes. He stood up to help her up.

Julieanna just took his hand and basically jumped and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Stay with me. You know you don't want to leave me and I don't want you to leave me. I know you feel how strong our connection is and even if you leave you won't be able to stay away. We can fight this together. And in the end we will be together. It's fate. We belong together no matter how impossible it seems. We're soul mates. A fallen and the purest angel. Impossible but it's obviously what our Lord wants for us."

Skyler just held on to her as tight as he could. Of course he didn't want to leave her but he wouldn't be able to live with something happening to her. But he knew he would die without her. Either way was doomed. Damn this to Hell.

He lifted her chin to look up at him and that's when he saw the purest of any angel. She was so fragile in his arms and he could see it now. In this moment of looking to her eyes he knew no matter what happened he couldn't leave even if he had someone chain him to the back of am eighteen wheeler or chained him to the biggest bolder in Hell. He'd fight just to watch her sleep.

She blind and a single tear escaped and she cursed herself for being so weak. But she would do anything to keep him. She couldn't live through eternity without him. She looked into his eyes and saw his battler within.

Skyler had to make this decision and think of her. Which he thought he was doing when he chose to go to his own death. Not that he wasn't already dead. He died centuries ago but being with Julieanna made him believe in living. He wanted this life with her.

Leaning in to capture her lips he made the hardest decision of his entire life.