f o u r

''Ughhhh!!''

I groaned and threw my hands over my face. What have I done?! I just broke the heart of a tiny innocent little guy. He probably really liked me, and now that he overheard what I said, he's heartbroken. I watch as my Mum comes over and drops the icepack onto my bed, giving me a bitter look.

''I hope you're happy with what you've done.'' She leaves me with an icky feeling in my stomach.

As she shuts the door, my room became completely dull. I felt empty. I felt damaged, both ways. My leg started to hurt for real, the same as my heart. I felt like a monster. Like I wasn't supposed to be here anymore. Why am I famous? What made me famous? Memories started to come back as I thought of those questions. The answer to both of them, is Chris. Why was I famous? Because I thought if I became famous, maybe he'd notice me again. He'd see me at a concert. He'd see me on some magazine. He'd hear my song on the radio. He'd notice me. What made me famous? Well, funny story, he did. He was the one who always believed in me. The one who helped me out with everything. When people ask me,

''How did you get this far?''

I would give all the credit to Chris. But I never tend to tell them that. It tears me apart, everytime someone asks me that. Chris was the one who was there before I walked onto that X-Factor stage. The thing was.. That was the day he left me...

|| Flashback ||

''Sophie! You're taking forever! Come on! Hurry up!'' Chris said while glancing at his watch every second.

''I'm almost done! Don't worry!'' I finally put on the last part of my dress, and stroll out of the dressing room.

I look at Chris, who's jaw was wide open. I roll my eyes and let out a little giggle.

''I know what you're thinking.'' I bite my lip and smirk.

Chris shakes his head and looks at his watch.

''Oh! It's your turn! Go and get them!'' Chris says while shoving me.

''Chris! What are you doing?! I'm not on until after three more people!'' I chuckle as I regain my balance he was taking away from me.

''Oh..'' He bites his lip, and his eyes slowly start to go towards the ground.

''What..'' I say while rocking back and forth.

''What are you hiding?'' I gently bump on the side of his stomach.

''I got the part..'' He muttered.

''Hmm? Little louder please.'' I say while leaning towards him.

''I got the part of Captain America!'' He whooped.

I jumped back a little startled, but looked at him and squealed. I throw myself in his, muscular, strong arms. He holds me with a tight, steady grip, as he rocks me back and forth. I could hear him laughing his delightful laugh. The laugh I loved so much about him, hoping he'd never stop. But sadly, he did. As he pulled away, I still had a smile glued on my face, as for him, he stopped. I tilted my head, and stuck out my bottom lip, wondering what was up.

''The thing is..'' He took a deep breath.

''We're shooting today. And it's during the time of your audition.'' He finishes.

My mouth starts to form into a frown. During the time of my audition? That would mean.. He wouldn't be there!

''B-But.. You promised you'd be there with me. And watch me.. Remember?'' I smiled a little broken about the news.

''I know, and I would love too! But I really have to go! If I leave now, than I'd be there in time for the shoot.''

''Now?! But Chris! I support you on this, really, I do. But can't you just miss this day? You promised. And you know us! We don't break promises.'' I stated for him, hoping he'd change his mind.

I could see him keep glancing at his watch. It broke my heart if he was going to leave me. It's like getting your hopes up, and having them get torn down, by the person you loved most.

''I have to go. I know you'll do great! I could always see it on the computer. I'm sorry Sophie. I love you so much. Go and rock em hard.'' We do our special handshake, and I hug him.

He tries to pull away, but I keep in my arms. Tears started to come.

''Promise me you'll come back?'' I whisper softly into his ear.

He pulls away from me and looks at me, he shrugs.

''I don't know if I can promise you that Sophie. I really can't.'' Chris says while turning around.

''If you become famous, please don't forget about me.'' I beg.

''Right back at you.'' He replies while snapping his fingers towards me.

''I'd never.'' I smiled as he left.

I turn around and let out a big sigh, a tear runs down my cheek. I couldn't believe he's gone.. But I will support him no matter what. That's what best friends are for.