Chapter 6: Sacrifice

Tyler sat in a cell in the front office. He had been told he was going home, that he was bailed out. He stared blankly at the with and blue tiled floor that dulled at the flash if the flickering lights. He turned his head to the sound of a veep as a door was unlocked. His jaw dropped.

Jenna walked in. She ran to him and gripped her hands in the cold metal bars, "Honey, are you okay?" she asked alarmed, "I had called and texted you so many times for so long and you didn't answer. I got really worried." she sighed.

Tyler was shivering. Not from the dripping temperature, but from what was going through his mind, "Jenna... I'm going to ask you something," he began, his eyes growing pink, burning as tears pooled in, "Were you the one... that called the police?"

Jenna felt a lump in her throat, "I-I-I..."

Tyler clentched his fists, "Yes or no" he asked, his voice shaking and full of whimpers.

Jenna let go of the bars and took a step back, "...yes," she replied, almost in a whisper, "I was worried sick."

Tyler's eyes became red. He flew up off the bench and threw his hands on the bars. Vains were popping out of his neck, arms, and forehead, "YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR A WIFE! THEN YOU COME SEE ME! YOU DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND JUST CALL THE COPS! WHAT THE HELL, JENNA?" he roared.

Jenna was in tears. Biting her lips she let out a subtle, "Tyler, please don't curse-"

"I'LL DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT JENNA BLACK." Tyler hissed. He looked down to the ground breathing heavily.

Jenna chocked in her cries. She turned to the attendant at the front desk, "Where do I sign?" she asked faintly.

Tyler chuckled deeply, "Don't bother," he cocked his head up and laughed softly, "I'm staying."

Jenna looked at him with such hurt, "Tyler what are you-"

"Crazy?" he finished her sentence as he ran his fingers across the cool metal bars getting as close as he could to them, "Its debatable." he snickered.

Jenna twisted the wedding ring on her finger, sniffling as tears escaped her eyes, "Ty...ler, please. I'm not leaving you here. You don't deserver to be here. You didn't do anything..." she cried quietly as the attendant handed her a box of tissues over the counter.

Tyler was cussing a million words under his breath. He looked up at her with a deathening stare. His face rushed with red, "I didn't do anything," he told her in a monotone voice. He seemed to take up all the air in the room as he breathed in, puffing Hus just and beginning to scream, "You don't know that! ITS MY FAULT! ITS ALL MY FAULT! ITS MY FAULT THAT JOSH IS IN THE HOSPITAL! ITS MY FAULT THAT YOURE CRYING AND THAT IM HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

"Tyler is I never would have called the-"

"It doesn't matter," he sobbed. He turned around and slid his back  down the bumpy bars. He cried into his hands, "What if Josh doesn't make it..."

"10-16," the attendant said into an office phone quietly, "Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to leave," she said standing up. Two officers came in through the door and walked towards Tyler.

Jenna was gently pushed out with choking sobs as the lady let her out.

Tyler just sit there on the cold floor. The two cops came in front of him, "Get up, lad." said one.

Tyler just gave them a look of disgust. He just wanted to be left alone to die, "Just leave me alone."

They grabbed him by his arms forcefully, Tyler beginning to panic. He hated the feeling of being grabbed and the strong feeling of the pain and uncomfortable feeling it gave him.