Reconnections

Okay, we're starting the sequel for A Fresh Start. This will probably be slow going as I want to make sure I tell Marie's story well and appropriately.

Anyhow, Twilight is not mine. Never will be mine. Ever. *WAAAH!*

David, Lizzie and Marie are mine in a literary sense. Ren, too.

On with it, kids!

The Next Chapter

Chapter One: Reconnections

"Mrs. Masen! This is total crap. I did not start that food fight. Rebecca Smith told Bobbie Richert that he was gay and HE started it," Jorie said. Why am I a dean? Put a fork in me. I'm done.

"Jorie, it doesn't matter who started the food fight. You participated in it and you will need to deal with the consequences," I said, staring at the young girl. Her black hair was covered with ketchup and a few fries nestled in it. Her mascara was running down her cheeks and her lip was quivering. "Don't start with the lip. It won't do anything. You will spend the rest of today and all of tomorrow in the in school suspension room. Here's your pass."

"But, Mrs. Masen!" Jorie whined.

"Do you want an extra day, Jorie?" I asked sternly.

"No, ma'am," Jorie grumbled. She snatched the pass from me and skulked out of my office. Once she left, I sprayed some air freshener. The smells of cafeteria invaded my office and was making me nauseous. I leaned forward and smacked my head against my desk. I. Hate. My. Job.

"You know, Bella," Alice said as she leaned against my door, "that will not make the kids make better choices."

"Maybe it'll make my headache go away," I said to the floor. "I hate this, Alice. Three years and I hate my job. I should have taken Sherrie's job. Principal Masen sounds SOOOOOOOOOO much better than Dean Masen."

"Bella, you had triplets. You were a mess. There was no way in hell you could have been the principal for this crazy building," Alice giggled. "What happened now?"

"Huge. Massive. Gargantuan. Food fight during the 8th grade lunch," I said as I looked at my sister-in-law. Her tiny features were framed by a short black hair cut that flipped out. Her eyes were covered with a pair of rectangular frames. She wore a chic pair of black pants and heels with a red sweater set on top. Her body was extremely small, only 4'11" and she was in killer shape.

Alice frowned at my admission. "How many kiddos were involved?"

"Twelve. I just sent the last one to ASDA," I said. "My job is going to lead me to drink. Gah!"

"Perhaps the good doctor can cure your ills. With some hot steamy lovin'," Alice said with a suggestive waggle of her brows. "Have Edward live up to his nickname."

"God, I still can't believe I called him that," I laughed. "What the hell was I thinking?"

"You weren't," Alice giggled. "We're having brunch at my house on Sunday. Jasper has some news. You and Edward will be there, right?"

"Wouldn't miss it, Elf," I smiled. "Can we bring Nessie? Separating the dog from Marie is quite challenging. Marie is attached to the furball."

"As long as the furball doesn't shit on my carpet, then we're good," Alice smiled. "I'll talk to you later, Bells."

"Love you, Elf."

"Love you, Bells." Alice turned and left my office. I finished my discipline report and contacted all of the parents involved. Half of the parents were pissed. The other half were ashamed. I had several requests for meetings and I arranged for them to happen tomorrow. The school day was almost done and I needed to pick up my children from Nana's daycare. I love my mother-in-law.