News

Okay, we're starting the sequel for A Fresh Start. This will probably be slow going as I want to make sure I tell Marie's story well and appropriately. I'd like to thank all of my readers from A Fresh Start and their stories about their children with Autism. Your recollections will help me tremendously in Marie's story. I'm an educator and I'm familiar with the educational ramifications of Autism, but not living with a child with Autism on a day to day basis.

Anyhow, Twilight is not mine. Never will be mine. Ever. *WAAAH!* David, Lizzie and Marie are mine in a literary sense. Ren, too.

This will be in Edward's point of view. However, a majority of the story will be Bella, like A Fresh Start. However, many of you are stressing about his headaches. So am I (I'm having a killer one right now...UGH!). You will hear from our favorite Doctor every so often. Just saying.

On with it!

Chapter Three: News

EPOV

The night after the playoff game, I fell asleep like the dead. I had to take my medication for my headache that would not stop. Ever since my accident when I was fifteen, I had been prone to headaches. But managed to keep them at bay with medication. Usually a few ibuprofen stopped them but they were increasing in frequency and the strength was hindering my job, my time with my family and overall quality of life. It sucked major donkey balls.

Real mature for a thirty-seven year old doctor to say that, right?

Thank goodness a colleague of Carlisle's was able to fit me in before my shift on Monday. My main concern was the return of the seizures and possibly losing my driver's license. My medical license. My livelihood. Not that I didn't need to work. I still had millions in the bank from my trust, but I loved my job. I was good at it. I needed to get this figured out. Thankfully I hadn't had a seizure in nearly eighteen years. However, the possibility still looms over my head.

The next day, my headache had subsided. But the ache was still in my neck, just dying to explode. I took some more ibuprofen and went to pick up my monkeys. I needed to play chauffeur for my children today. All of them had soccer and then I had to take the girls to dance class. Bella was going to get my car from the mechanic's with Alice. We were essentially dealing with one car this weekend because the Aston Martin was not kid friendly. Or rather, I refused to let my children into that car until they were thirty.

Sue me. Yes, I made love to my wife in the backseat, but that's different. And we were horny.

I miss those days.

A lot.

Stop thinking with your cock, Masen. When did you turn into a dirty old man?

However, before I went to get my children, Rose and Emmett came over with their baby, Evan. The doorbell rang and I opened it to find a large oaf of man standing there, holding a squirming one year old.

"Eddie, my man! How are you?" Emmett boomed as he came into the house. He clapped me on the shoulder, pushing the air out of my lungs.

"I'm good, Em," I said with a friendly smile. He's so loud. Jeebus.

"Edward, you have no idea how much this means to us," Rose said with a grateful hug. "I am so ready to fire my pediatrician. What if it's pertussis? Or the plague? Or..."

"The plague?" I snickered. "I do not see black welts all over your son. He does not have the bubonic plague."

"But still," Rose pouted.