Chapter 7

A PIC OF BRUCE ^^^^^^^^^^
IN THE NEXT CHAPTER YOU WILL HAVE A PIC OF ACE.

Marian and I had a fight. We haven't spoken in a week and I feel like I lost everyone.

Mom and dad have never been so aggressive to one another, Marian accused me of trying to sabotage her non-existent relationship with Terry, Sierra hasn't been returning my calls and Ace left. He simply erased my existance from his life. He hadn't spoken to me at school (or outside of it) and I am officially alone.

On the brighter side, tonight I'm having a date with Bruce. I know we haven't exactly clicked but I don't have Ace to mess with my thought anymore. Bruce could possibly be a nice catch. The age difference doesn't bother me. We could probably work on our characters but that's about it.

I put in small starfish earrings I received as a child and decided to write off the necklace I was wearing. The earrings matched my outfit nicely; white blouse tucked in high-waisted navy blue skirt. I decided to go for simple shoes and picked my white Converse.

"You look nice. Going on a date?" I heard mom ask from the front door and I glanced at her. She looked horrible. And I didn't mean it in a rude way. She has been having some troubles with her job and it has been a hell of a ride for the past month trying to save it.

I gently smiled and shrugged my shoulders. "I guess. It's Sierra's friend. He seems nice."

"You've met him before?" She questioned and rubbed her eyes. I felt my heart sunk in my chest as I watched her struggle to stay awake. "Yeah. Like a week ago. I was dining with her and her boyfriend. She also invited her friend." I simply explained and threw new bag over my shoulder. I rarely wore it. It wasn't really for everyday use and I wasn't one of those always-stylish girls.

I pecked mom's cheek to which she replied with pecking mine. "Go rest. You need it. I'll do the dishes when I get home. Don't worry about it. Just go to sleep. Please." I asked and she unwillingly shrugged. "I'll try."

I kissed her one more time before going downstairs. I noticed dad watching a tennis match which was the best time of the week for him so I decided not to interrupt him and just silently said 'Bye'.

I checked my clock and saw I was farely late. I sped up my steps and was in front of a resraurant in merely ten minutes. I saw Bruce sitting in the very back, alone at the table for two. I strode towards him. "Hi."

He glanced up and smiled. "Hey." He got up to greet me. If you look at his actions, he was a gentleman. There was no doubt about it. It was just some anger issues when it wasn't going his way.

"I'm sorry for being late. I took forever to pick out an outfit." I apologized and he nodded. "Don't worry about it. It's important that you're here." He was too nice to be believable. Or maybe he was one of those rare species that actually had manners.

"Good evening, Miss. What are We eating tonight?" A waiter suddenly spoke from above me, handing me a menu in the process. I quickly scanned the list and decided for sea-food pasta. Bruce ordered pasta with vegan 'meatballs'.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" Waiter asked and Bruce pointed at me. "I'll let the lady choose." He smiled and I felt bad for almost cringing. He was too nice. It came out wrong and I didn't want to be freaked out by someone actually caring.

"White wine?" I wasn't much of a drinker and having the waiter name me every white wine brand they had was painful. They all sounded same to me so I stupidly picked the only one I remembered. The waiter wrote down and went back to the kitchen.

I glanced at Bruce. He was dressed in a suit. I couldn't believe it. I was almost ashamed of wearing my outift with him being so fancy by my side. The restaurant was expensive and everyone dressed formally. I barely managed to get the money for dinner. Bruce will probably pay but just in case.