Chapter 12

I've been sitting on my bed for what seems like hours, waiting for Sierra. She called my mom and told her she has something to discuss with me.

I can only guess the topic.

"She's upstairs. You go ahead, sweets." I heard mom's voice faintly speaking to Sierra and she barged into my room a few seconds later.

Sierra was angry, redness spreading her face like weeds in the field. My own face probably paled because I expected her to kill me then and there.

But she wasn't angry. At least not with me.

"You gotta help me find that bitch!" She screamed in frustration and fell on my bed. "Ace thinks he can replace me? And she thinks she can be my replacement?" Anxiety spead through my body as Sierra was listing all the things she'll do to us. She even included hiring a hitman!

"Aren't you gonna say anything? I thought you were on my side!" She stood up, adrenaline pumping through her body. I raised both of my hands up as a sign of surrender and spoke to her after fifteen minutes of silently suffering. "I am. It's just that I don't see the point in this. He likes somebody else. You can't make him date you, can you?" I was pushing it but I don't think she decoded the meaning behind my words.

So an hour later, we were analysing each and every girl in Ace's Facebook friends list. I was analyising it, to be precise. Sierra was too busy insulting poor girls that probably weren't ever involved with him.

"I need to pee. You don't stop because I want to find the bitch today." And without another word, she went to the bathroom. As soon as I heard bathroom doors closing, I put the laptop away and cracked my knuckles. My body was exhausted from sitting in the same position and eyes glued to the screen.

"Did I tell you to stop?" Her voice scared the shit out of me and I let out a scream. "Jesus, Sierra. I'm going to have a heart attack." I clutched my heart and leaned on the wall behind the bed. Sierra giggled and was just about to go back to the bathroom when we heard mom call me downstairs.

Sierra went with me and she really shouldn't have.

Because we were greeted by Marian.

Oh shit.

Marian's eyes widened as she saw Sierra. She got up quickly and blinked a few times. "Uh, hi Sierra." She greeted quietly. Sierra sent her a small smile.

Then Marian glanced back at me and raised one eyebrow which was probably a silent question 'Does she know?' to which I answered with a small shake of head.

"What bring you here?" I asked her. My heart has been hammering like crazy and this horrible feeling of betrayal finally hit my head.

I need to end this. I can't disrespect my cousin and friend like that.

First thing tomorrow, I will break-up this perfect beautiful non-existent relationship with Ace.

"Fleur, hellooo!" I snapped out of my trance to see mom's hand waving in front of my face. "Uh yeah?" I asked quietly. "Girls went upstairs. Don't let them wait." She tsk-ed a few times and I jogged upstairs, not happy to be in the situation I am in.

Sierra was lying on my bed and Marian standing above her, softly giggling at something Sierra said. The rest of the afternoon went fine. It wasn't exactly comfortable to be hanging out with Marian but she came here to talk to me about something so it was obviously necessary.

When Sierra finally left, Marian closed the doors of my room and eyed me seriously. "We need to talk." Oh, those dreadful words.

I sighed. "I know we do."

"You are dating Ace now and-" She started but I cut her off, already predicting her words.

"I know I am a horrible person but I am breaking up with him tomorrow so don't worry-"

"He is cheating on you." Marian spat out and I blinked a few times.

"That's not funny." I spoke quietly, feeling my heart fluttering at her words. Is he really?

Marian slowly approached me and pulled me into a hug. My body stayed stiff, too surprised and confused to move. "I'm sorry, F. Terry saw him with Belle under the bleachers and now everybody is talking about it."

I felt my eyes filling with tears. I get what I deserve.

At least I have my best friend back.

And now I can break it off without feeling guitly.

*****************

A short one. Drrrramaaa.
Hope you like it. Vote comment share. Ily ♡