Chapter Eight

They both ended their recording and Skype calls with everyone. "Hey Mark! I'm gonna edit a little just to kill time." Séan called out to Mark in the kitchen, who was preparing food for a midnight dinner. "Okay, babe!" Séan stood to a stop in his steps when he heard the word. He blushed and continued to the computer room. Mark ran his fingers through his fiery red hair and looked into the reflection of the dining room mirror. What he saw wasn't pretty. "Please Dark... Not now!.. I really wanted to do something nice for Séan tonight!.." Mark shook his head at Dark's menacing smile. "Ohhhh~ I see what this is about. You're going to ask Séan to-" The mirror shattered before Dark could finish his sentence.

     Séan bolted to the dining room to see the shining glass covering the floor. "This is just like the room I didn't mean to find.." He looked around for Mark. He looked in every room but there was no sign of the flame haired, sassy man. "Mark?! Come on, babe please!" A light bulb flashed over Séan in the hallway. "The room!" He turned to the door and knocked. "Mark? Please open the door.. It's me, Jack.." He heard someone or something groan from the other side of the locked door. "Come on, Mark! Let me in!" Wrong choice of words. Pounding from the door made Séan scream and jump out of his skin. "Christ! I'm sorry, babe! I didn't mean to say that! Just please let me help you..." Séan's voice breaking from the tears. He sobbed quietly. Silence. Then a click.

     He opened the door like Mark's life depended on it. Séan saw the familiar misty, black mass hovering over Mark's head. "STAY AWAY FROM HIM, YOU DEMON!" He grabbed Mark's hand and proceeded to pull him away from Dark, but it was like he was being anchored down. "Jack! He won't let me go! Please! Just leave me!" With one free hand, Séan shook the figure away, letting Mark free. He fell to his back with Mark landing on top of him. They looked into each other's eyes and laughed. "Oh! Séan! Before I forget, I wanted to say a few things to you. Just go upstairs for a few minutes and I'll call you right down when I'm ready." Mark quickly kissed Séan and ran back into the kitchen.

     Séan decided to become curious and skim his fingers along the shoulders of Mark's shirts in his closet. "Ah ha! Here it is!" He had found his favorite one being the plain light blue V-neck. It showed off his chest and shoulders which drove Séan insane. He took off his shirt and put his favorite shirt on. Looking into the mirror, the shirt really brought out the deep ocean blue in Séan's eyes. He smiled and sat on Mark's bed, awaiting for his name to be called. Another peak of curiosity ran through Séan. What was this night going to be about? "You think that he's going to propose? I don't think that would be appropriate. But maybe.. Just maybe." Séan smiled at his thought and continued waiting patiently.