Don't Tell Mother

Mike held Elle, as close as their bodies would allow. They sat shivering and breathing lightly in the slightly reckoned Castle Byers, Elle between Mikes legs, leaning against as he leaned against the wall with his arms around her. "Mike..." Elle whispered, looking up at him. It felt like a knife in his heart. All he could see in her eyes was fear and sadness, the sparkle was gone, she was slipping away every moment they were here. "What is it?" He said, forcing a smile onto his face, trying to comfort her in every way he could. "H-How are we-" Suddenly, there was a snap from the outside, like a stick breaking. Mike tensed, putting his hands over his mouth and breathing quietly through his nose, Elle following. 

Another snap.

Then, a crunch.

But the weird thing was, there was no monster breathe, no Thesalhydra screech. Then, a hand appeared on the curtain of the little fort. A human hand. They removed their hands and sat up, crawling forward a little but being careful. The curtain moved back.

"Stop." This was the Chief, behind his desk with the most skeptical look an adult could muster up after everything this one went through. Skeptical wasn't much of an option anymore. "Why are you here? Why haven't you talked to your mother? Or hell, even your brother!" Will sighed, rolling his eyes just like some punk teenager. "Have you met my mom? If I told her any of this, anything at all, she'd blow up from worry!" "Hey, give your mom credit, she's a lot stronger then she looks..." Hopper said kindly. "Look the point is, Mike and Elle are in the upside down and we have to get them back" Lucas said sternly, knowing that he was the only one who could get them back on track. "Yeah, and we need you to bring us there." Dustin added on, giving the cutest, most toothless smile he could manage. Hopp sighed, knowing it was the right thing to do, but also knowing that Joyce would kill him if she knew that he was even considering it. But, then again, over the past year, Hopp and Eleven had really formed some weird, disconnected father-daughter relationship. He had read to her, taught her words, fed her. He couldn't just give that up after he had waited so long to get it back after Sarah. After a long, silent moment, he sighed again. "One condition," Instantly, the three perked up. "You," Hopper points at Will, "Are right by my side, the entire time. And we never, ever tell your mother about this. Understand?" The boys nodded, quickly smiling and giving each other a satisfied look. "We're ready." Will says finally.