Just Forget

"Hey, Billie?" Tré asked as I rummaged through the fridge to find something for dinner.

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking... I mean, I know Olivia is locked up but... they can't keep her in there forever."

"What are you saying?" I looked at him from behind the open fridge door and scanned his face.

"I dunno, I was just worrying about it... I mean, it's not like she's got a life sentence... what are we going to do when she comes out?"

I thought about it and realised I had no idea. I was so relieved that she was gone that I hadn't thought about the future. "I don't know... why are you worried?"

He looked away a little and rubbed the back of his neck. "I just..."

I saw something in his face then and realised that he was... scared...
"Tré?" He looked up at me, his blue orbs filled with concern.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up..."

I got up and closed the fridge before walking over to him and placing a hand on his shoulder.
"Hey, it's okay... we won, remember?" I stroked his cheek and he sighed lightly.

"Maybe we've won for now, but if she wants to come back for us when she gets out of prison, I'm not sure what we can do... you know her better than I do and I am fully aware of how relentless she is... she won't stop, Bill."

I kissed him quickly, making him stop talking-not only because I wanted to take his mind off of the subject, but because I didn't want to hear it. I just wanted to go forget about her and he was making it difficult. I didn't want to hear it.
I pulled back and smiled as best as I could, "let's just not think about it, hmm?"

"Billie... you can't run away from this, you know that-"

I kissed him again, "I know, but not now. Just for a while I want to just forget it... okay?"

He looked down, "okay. I'll try not to worry about it."

"Hey, if anyone should be worried it should be me, she's my phsyco ex..."

"You can't really say that when she when she was trying to cut my nuts off too..."

I half smiled, "I won't let her near you... not again." I hugged him tightly and he squeezed me back.

"If that's the way it is then I guess I'll protect you too." He chuckled and buried his head in my shoulder.

"Let's skip dinner and go to bed?" I suggested and he grinned at me.

"Let's go." He took my hand and we hurried to our room, desperate to do something to distract ourselves from the fear of Olivia returning to finish what she started.