Chapter 12 - Trying To Help Dad

Brady's POV

I'm ready to go, ready to save my dad. I know Papa doesn't want me to go but I have to for Dad. If I don't then I don't know what would happen to my Father.

"Brady, It's Papa. May I come in?"

"Ya." I say getting up and opening the door, he's been crying.

"I know, I look like a train wreck." He says smiling at me, sniffling.

"Ya Papa, you do. What's wrong?"

"It's the White Wolf, I could sense your father within him but now I can't. It worries me, could you go talk to him and see if you can sense him?"

"I can try, but I don't know how well I can sense him."

"Thank you Brady." Papa hugs me.

"Don't thank me yet."

Papa walks out the door. Sigh. I walk around the house looking for the White Wolf. I found him eating lunch on the patio.

"White Wolf." I walk up to him.

"Brady. Are you ready to deport?"

"Yes. but I was wondering if I could talk to you for a minute."

"If you must." He gestures to the seat across from him.

I try to sense dad but I'm not getting anything.

"If all you came to do is look for your father then just leave."

"What did you do to him?" I sit down.

"Why does it matter to you? He was never your real father." He shoves the rest of his lunch in his mouth.

"Just because he didn't help make me doesn't mean he's not my dad. Should I teach you what a real father is?" Leaning forward with my head held high.

"HA! Please save your breath. I got that speech from your 'father'." He sits up.

"Well, at least he cares. and has a heart about his people." I stand up, with anger.

"You watch who you are talking too, young man. I can end you here and now." He stands up, whipping his mouth.

"No you won't. My father won't let you." I challenge him.

"Are you challenging me? Hahaha!" He suddenly stops, and looks up at me.

"Brady, don't do this. Just wait a little longer. I found his weakness. Just give me more time. Tell you father that I love him. I love you Brady." He blanks out again.

"Dad?" I look at Dad's lifeless body with shock, then those eyes come back.

"What the hell happened to me?" He shakes his head,"What did he say?" He grabs my shirt.

"Nothing." I push him off of me.

"Lies! I know he said something. It doesn't matter, your 'daddy' with be dead soon enough and I will live on forever again!" He turns away from me and walks back inside.

"Dad is still in there, hiding. I miss you dad." I fall to the ground with tears in my eyes. "Why did he tell me not yet?"

I get up and get ready, it's almost time to face The Black Wolf. I walk inside with my head held high, for Dad. I find Papa still in my room looking at a small album of the Papa and Dad before all of this. I walk in to tell him what Dad said.

"He's alive? I thought Wolf killed him already..." He leans against the wall.

"No, he can't kill Dad till he killed The Black Wolf. It's still Dad's body and it's still tied to Dad's soul. I could tell that Dad is still about 20 percent connected to the body. Once he kills The Black Wolf he will have full control over the body and will be able to throw Dad out of the body."