1: Steam

Steam rises slowly, gracefully from a hot cup of hot chocolate

A hand desperately grasps another, but the hands slowly detangle. 

Droplets of rain cling to a young woman's face.

Blue tinges the tip of a young man's face.

Sound is muffled, everything is black and white.

A slow, hesitant breath leaves their mouths and then all is heard again.

"I tried, I really did."

"This is too much."

"I'm sorry."

"Do you still love me?"

The young man reaches forward, touching the woman's arm. The woman closes her eyes, begging to remember what this feels like before stepping back. The man's hand is left grasping nothing but air.

"I'm sorry."

"There's no point in fighting a battle I've already lost."

"This was never meant to happen."

 "I... I need to go..."

"I'm sorry. I wish we could have worked this out..."

The woman turns away and walks a couple feet before looking back. Slowly, like fighting against herself, she turns back and walks up the young man. She gently lays a soft, mournful, tear soaked kiss on his cheek. Her lips linger there until she pulls back quickly. 

"Goodbye."

An air of grim silence surrounds the young woman as she continues on, just hoping to never feel like that again. 

Author's Note

Author's Note

Published: 11/1/16 9:40 in English class

Hey! So... This is the first chapter... If you can't tell. 

Anyways, so almost every chapter after this will be memories of what their relationship was like. It won't be the nice fuzzy crap, but the "you forgot my birthday and not I'm going to cry until I'm dehydrated" moments. 

This series is all about how when a relationship takes a turn for the worse.

Anyway, so I hope y'all are ready for some sad shit to go down. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you like this story!