3: Tap

It's hard when someone special ignores you, but it's harder pretending that you just don't care. -Unknown

Key: 

Bold- Tall

Italic- Emily

Tap, tap. 

Pause.

Tap, tap.

Tall lays on the bed with his head propped up and taps on his phone continuously. 

"Honey, do you want to go out tonight and have dinner?"

Tall looks over at Emily as she sits on the bed. Legs crossed intricately, sloppy top knot, pen in mouth, notebooks surrounding her, and her laptop sitting in front of her with the cursor blinking. Silently, she leans over and take a sip of her coffee before looking at him and sighing loudly. 

"Sorry, babe, but I really want to finish this chapter today."

He nods understandingly and then looks at his phone as it chimes.

"My cousin is in the town for the night, I thought we could go out to dinner with him?"

Emily rolls her eyes with contempt and sighs. 

"If you want to go out, then go ahead."

A deep breath fills Tall as he picks up his shoes and begins to put them on. Laces cross over sloppily and he stands up dejectedly. He reaches the door of the room and turns back to look at Emily.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with?"

No glance, no response. 

A slow sigh escapes Tall and he grabs his coat before walking out the door.

"Bye."

No response. 

Author's Note

Author's Note

Published November 29, 2016 6:44 p.m. in my living room in front of a beautiful fire and astounding Christmas tree.

I hope y'all like this book. The chapters may be short and I may write some of them quickly, but I still like for them to be uber perfect. 

Have a great day!