Chapter 13: There's the big difference between us.

My eyes snap open in shock.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Lillian ask, sleep in her voice.

"Just a dream."

"Was Sienna. . .?" She trails off.

"No. Just a dream."

I look over at the clock on Walt's nightstand and see that it's nearly seven. I turn around and bury my face into Lillian's chest. Lillian rubs my back, trying to comfort me.

"I got you to sleep for more than an hour." She whispers.

"Did you sleep?"

"Probably as much as you."

I nod, pulling myself closer to Lillian. Lillian kisses the top of my head. I smile, liking the fact that Lillian and my legs are tangled up in each other. Lillian pulls away from me and puts a hand on my cheek, rubbing it with her thumb.

"We're not going to fall back asleep, are we?" I ask.

"No, I don't think so."

I nod then a very overwhelming thought takes over my mind. A large smile erupts on my face.

"What is it?" Lillian laughs.

"It's Walt's birthday."

Lillian smiles,"I suppose it is."

I throw the covers off my body,"Let's go."

"Go where?" Lillian ask, sitting up.

"I don't know. Somewhere. I'm awake. Let's go." I swing my legs over the side of the bed and slip on my jeans.

"Honey, we don't need to get up yet. It's not even seven."

"I don't care. I want to do something."

"Like what?"

"I don't know." I pull the shirt over my head and grab my shirt on the floor,"Maybe we can go get ice cream."

"Yeah, okay." Lillian gets out of bed as I slip my shirt over my head. She walks over to the dresser and pulls open a drawer,"What flavor do you want?"

"I don't know. Chocolate. What about you."

"Probably chocolate."

I nod as I pull my jeans back on. I slip my sneakers back on and turn to the now dressed Lillian. Lillian gives me a small smile.

"Do you want to drive or-?"

I snap my fingers and smoke envelopes the both of us. When the smoke evaporates, Lillian leans on the wall for support. I laugh, an honest to God laugh.

"Next time give me a little bit of a warning." Lillian rolls her neck around.

"You should know when I magic my way around." I tease, poking her in the side.

"Well maybe if you'd thought first, you would know that I don't have money." She gives me a joking grin.

I reach my hand into the back of my pocket, feeling my magic swarm through my veins. I pull out Lillian's wallet and wave it in her face. Shock crosses her face and I smile, proud that I outsmarted her.

"You where saying?"

"Give me that." She snatches the wallet out of my hands,"You know, one of these days, you're going to get yourself killed."

"Yeah, huh." I smile.

Lillian grabs my jaw and kisses my cheek. I get on my tip-toes and wrap my arms around her shoulders. Lillian wraps her arms around my lower back and I let out a little sigh of content. I can feel her fingers through my shirt, holding onto me like if she let go, I would disappear.