Till Death Do Us Part

Christine POV:

Erik...Erik...Erik is the most wonderful man I know... I grab my journal and start writing down my thoughts. When I'm old, I want to be able to relive these thoughts all over again...I begin to write. About 10 minutes I hear a knock on my door.

"Yes?"

The door opens and Erik steps in. My heart flutters. He was so handsome. His eyes were endless and he had on that rare smile he only has for me. He walks over and sits next to me on the bed.

"Christine, I would like you to come see the nursery." He takes my hand and brings me to my feet. I smile and follow him. Erik pulls a key out of his pocket and unlocks a door I hadn't noticed before. When I see the nursery, I gasp. It's so beautiful. I get teary-eyed and examine the whole room, touching everything.

"Oh Erik! I love it. Thank you so much!" I smile. Erik kisses me. His lips are so soft. I feel like I could disappear in them. I never want to stop kissing him. A maid steps into the room.

"Monsieur...there is a man at the door here to see you." She curtsies and leaves. I sigh. I don't want to leave this moment. Erik gives me a quick kiss and brushes past me and heads downstairs to the front door. I go to the balcony and look down and see Erik open the door to let the man in. Then all of the sudden I hear a gunshot and Erik crumples to the ground. I scream. The man looks up and me and grins.  It was one of my rapists. He starts walking up to the staircase. I scream again and race to Erik's room and lock the door. I am sobbing and shaking. Erik is down there dying, and I'm stuck locked up in here.

"Hey bitch! I know you're in there! I heard some news! I hear you're carrying my child! I fucking want it!" His speech is slurred. He pounds on the door. "Open the damn door you skank!" I back myself in the corner of the room. I cannot see as tears rush down my face. The door breaks in. The man starts walking towards me. I scream again and again. He grabs my arm and pulls my hair. "You're mine bitch!" He tries to rape me again, but before he can, I hear another gunshot. behind him stands Erik with his gun pointed at my rapist. My rapist falls to the ground, dead. Erik collapses to the ground as well, overcome with the loss of blood. I crawl over to him and take his head in my lap.!

"Stay with my Erik! Please! I can't live without you! Please please please please stay with me." Erik's eyes flutter. I put pressure on his wound. I try and not look at the blood that is staining my hands.  The maid runs in the room, terrified. "Please call a doctor!" She nods and races to get a doctor. About 45 minutes later, one enters the room. During that waiting time, I kept a lot of pressure on Erik's wound and tried to keep him from slipping into unconsciousness. The doctor asks me to help carry him to bed. I take Erik's shoulders while the doctor takes Erik's legs and we manage to get him on the bed. 

"Keep him awake," the Doctor orders me.

"Hey Erik! It's Christine! It's going to be alright! Just stay with me...please." Erik's eyes flutter again...he seems to register my voice. I decide to sing to him. 

Erik's eyes open more. 

"Christine..." he rasps out.

"I'm here my love." I grasp his hand tightly.

"....I don't want to die," he whispers. It breaks my heart. I have no reply. I brush his hair out of his face and kiss his bare cheek.

"I love you..." my voice cracks and I hate myself for it. I need to be strong for him, but I can't hold it in any longer. I start sobbing like a baby. Erik weakly lifts an arm and wipes the tears from my cheeks.