I Love Her

Erik's POV: 

Today I've invited a special friend for Christine to meet. Mostly to take her mind off the pregnancy...Christine absolutely refuses to get rid of the child. It has caused us to be too scared to make love anymore. I've asked her if we should use protection, and she refuses that too, because it is not natural. Some days I didn't understand Christine's thinking, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to go with her wishes. I would never force her into something she believed was wrong.

I hear the doorbell ring. It's him. I call Christine to the front door and I open the door. 

"Hello Erik...It's been forever."

"Nadir! Come in!"

Nadir chuckles, enters, and hugs me.

"And you must be the lucky wife..."

"Christine Destler" Christine says while curtsying the best she can while holding Christopher. 

"And you must be the baby Destler!"

"This is Christopher, he's almost 2 months old." I say

Nadir shakes Christopher's tiny hand.

"I have a kettle boiling, would you like to make your way to the salon?" Christine asks.

"Tea sounds wonderful!"

Christine leads us to the salon and her and I take the love seat while Nadir takes the armchair across from us.

"How do you two know each other?" Christine asks us.

I answer

"Nadir and I met back in Persia. He was my first and only friend there."

"Yes your husband was very arrogant...I can see why he had no friends."

"You don't possibly think it could have been about my face?"

"I have no clu-" Nadir is interrupted by Christopher crying. Christine leans over to me and whispers "He's hungry, I'll be back." She gets up to leave, but I pull her back down.

"It's okay Christine, Nadir was married and had children of his own, it's nothing he hasn't seen before."

"Oh do you need to feed him? I can turn away if you wish..."

"No, no it's okay."

I help Christine unzip a little part of the back of her dress, just enough to lower her top so Christopher could feed.

"Anyways, where were we?" I ask

"Oh I was saying how I had no clue why I became friends with you!" Nadir said

"Please, you were just as arrogant as me" I retort. We reminisce for a little while longer our past. I take Christopher from Christine. Christine places the spit-up blanket on my shoulder and I burp Christopher. After that I rock him in my arms and he falls asleep. 

"What is your wife's name?" Christine asks Nadir.

"Theodosia. She sadly passed away a year ago..."

"I'm so sorry!"

Suddenly Christopher starts bawling. I stand and start to walk out of the room when he burps/spits up milk all over my shoulder. Christine quickly stand up and wipes the spit up off of Christopher's face and my shoulder. Christopher has a  big smile on his face.

"I can't be mad at you! You're too darn cute!" I say in a baby voice while mussing his hair. I was starting to see past his deformity. In fact, unless I was crazy, Christopher's deformity was fading away. I suppose his face was still forming and growing....maybe he got lucky. I hold him against my chest and bounce him. I feel wetness. "Christine, I think his diaper needs to be changed." Christopher starts crying again. 

Christine takes Christopher from me and goes to the nursery to change him. A little while later we all have dinner and Nadir leaves. The nanny took Christopher tonight to give Christine and I some time to relax. 

Christine and I slip into a warm bath together. Christine lay in my arms while I stroked her hair. I didn't get to hold her that much often, or take baths together, mostly because we needed someone available to make sure Christopher was alright at all times. After the bath we go to bed and fall asleep. Christine is curled up in my arms with her face buried in my chest. I look down on her and I feel suddenly so protective of her. She is so young and small and for a second I see the little girl I raised after her father died. I wrap my arms tighter around her. I love her so much. I love my Christine.

Yay for Hamilton references! #YayHamlet! Please comment and vote!