Chapter 1 - The Hunter Exam

Nao's POV

Chrollo-nii told me to go take the Hunter Exam this year along with Hiso-nii. He said that I was ready to go take the exam but also told me to keep my identity hidden and my strength. He said that he doesn't want others to know about me yet. Seriously, Chrollo-nii worries too much, along with the others.

Machi-nee had this worried and concerned look on her face when she heard that Hiso-nii was coming with me. I wonder what's wrong? Hiso-nii won't hurt me. Anyways, I was holding Hiso-nii's hand and walked into a restaurant with him. He said some kind of code and we went into a room.

The room was suddenly going down but I didn't seem fazed. I decided to eat the food served so I won't get hungry later on.

"Hiso-nii, are you going to eat yours?" I asked as I eyed his untouched food sitting on the table.

"Hm? You can have it." He said as he pushed the plate over to me. I started to eat the food as he continued to talk. "Remember, you have to be careful and hide your identity. Also, don't stay away from me for too long." He said as I sighed.

"Don't worry. You and the others worry too much. I'm already 12!" I said in a loud voice and continued to eat my food until the elevator stopped. I stopped eating went to hold Hiso-nii's hands as the door opened.

When we walked out, I can hear many whispers from others say that the psychopath is back and something about him killing an examiner last year. Then they noticed me who was holding Hiso-nii's hands and stared shocked for a second before talking about me.

"Hey, who's that little girl?"

"Why is she with Hisoka?"

"She is pretty cute..."

"Ha! Bet she's a weakling. She's going to run home to her papa."

When I heard that last sentence, a dark aura appeared around me. I was glaring at the man who had said that as he started to shiver under my gaze and visibly sweat. Hiso-nii chuckled which made me stop what I was doing and look at him.

"You should be wasting your time on someone weak, Nao-chan~" He said as you clicked your tongue in annoyance. The others who saw what happened had fear in their eyes since they didn't want to die yet.

As we continued to walk, a bean-shaped thing came up towards us as he hands out our badges. He first gave Hiso-nii a badge, #44. Then he turned towards while I was kind or drooling since I was still hungry.

"Nee~, you wouldn't mind if I eat you right?" I asked as my stomach grumbled. The bean-shaped thing handed my badge and quickly left, not wanting to be near me any longer. I sighed as I pinned the badge, #45 on. "And I was hoping for a quick snack..." I mumbled but apparently Hisoka heard me and chuckled.

It has already been a while and I was getting bored so I decided to ask if I can go explore a little. I got a yes from Hisoka so I walked around looking for possible threats and anything interesting. As I was walking around, I saw something white and fluffy pass by and I wanted to follow it but I accidentally bumped into someone.

I looked up from my spot as I see a fat old man with a big nose wearing blue and #16 as his badge. He looked down at me in irritation but that soon turn into a 'smile'. He helped me up onto my feet and I gladly accept it.

"Hello, my name is Tonpa. You're new here aren't you? I don't see much girls attending this exam and much less a child. If you ever need any help, ask me. It's my 35th attempt this year so I'm a veteran." He said continuously.

"Oh, hello. My name is Nao." I introduced myself to him ignoring what he just said about me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the same white fluffy but I decided to look for it later. I saw him put his hand into his bag and grab a can of juice out.

"Here, a token of my friendship." He said as he handed me a can. I looked at the one can and thought that Hiso-nii might be thirsty too so I decided to ask for another one.

"Can I have one more. I would like to give it to someone." I said as I stick my hand out.

"Sure. But who are you-" He said as he gave it to me. I grabbed it and quickly went towards the direction I sensed Hiso-nii in ignoring what he asked. I saw him sawing at me confusedly but as I got closer and closer to Hiso-nii, he was visibly sweating and shivering from fear. He was about to come up to me and stop me but I already reached Hiso-nii.

"Hiso-nii!" I shouted to get his attention. He turned around and smile at him but that smile turned into a frown when he saw what I have in my hands.

"What is that?" He asked with suspicion.

"Oh, this? I got this from someone really nice. His name is Tonpa, he said it was a token of his friendship. I got one for you just in case you're thirsty." I explained but Hiso-nii's face darkened when I mentioned Tonpa.

"I see~. Can I have both? I kind of really thirsty... Stay here with him as I go do something real quick~" He said with bloodlust slipping into his voice. He was going in the direction Tonpa was as he did his business. I looked to see who he was mentioning but only to see a man with pins all over his face.

"?" A question marked appeared on my head as I eyed the pinned-face man. Then I realized his aura was really similar to someone really close I know.

"Illu-nii...?" I questioned as I looked at him. He bent down and patted my head and whispered to me by my ear.

"Hello Nao-chan." He whispered as he got back up.

I eyed him up and down, disliking his disguise. The pins did not look good on him. His precious long black hair was now gone. I actually liked how it felt.

"Illu-nii...what's with the ugly disguise?" I asked.

"It's so my brother wouldn't figure out I'm here. Is it that bad?" He asked and I nodded.

"I missed your old look." I said.

After my sentence, I heard a ringing sound that sounds like an alarm. I looked towards the direction of the sound to see the wall going up to show a man with purple hair and...........no mouth?! How?! What does he use to talk?! I'm going to ask him later.

"I apologize for the wait. The entry for period for Hunter applicants has ended. The Hunter Exam will begin now!"