Chapter One- Run Boy Run

The sound of a store alarm went off throughout the small town. People only stared at the person with the hockey mask, running away from the shop holding a black leather book. They were confused on why he was robbing the run down pawn shop, along with what was so important for him to only steal the little book. The boy running as fast as he could and the girl who was waiting in the street over knew, the book listed the four other names of people and their locations who were like them. It was important information that they needed so desperately.

3 days before

"Come back!" shouted the police officer who had just caught me shop lifting a convenience store. I ran in till I couldn't see them running after me, I knew for a fact they were going to get their police car to try to chase me that way, but they couldn't stop me. I ran deep into the woods and hid behind trees, a couple police cars drove by slow with their headlights bright driving thru the dark of night. The woods were close to the abandoned house I stayed at.

I waited a couple minutes in till I knew it was alright to go, I walked and got to my house and went inside. I threw the bag of chips and liter of soda on the small kitchen table. It was only myself who lived in this house which had an upstairs with a bathroom that actually did work, but only used cold water in the shower. I didn't mind it, I still got clean so it was good for me. The upstairs also held a bed with no mattress, the blankets and pillow made up for the no mattress though. Along with the things upstairs, there was still a fireplace and couch downstairs along with the small kitchen table that only had two chairs, along with a desk. The people who owned this place before me must've died and no one picked up most of their furniture, I would never ever say death was fine but in this case it was fine with me. After I was done eating and I went and sat at the desk. There were pictures tacked to the wall that I took in my findings, and loose notes and papers on the desk. I would find out who I was really sooner or later.

The next time I looked at the clock it was past midnight. That time told me it was time to go to bed. I held the candle that gave me light and brought it up to the bed and sat it on the small table next to the bed. I laid down and closed my eyes.

'He sat next to his twin brother on the ledge eating Popsicles with their feet in the water, their shirts were off. The radio was on with the classic radio station on which they always listened too together. The two boys were only twelve and were enjoying the summer heat. This was paradise.'

I awoke to yelling outside. "I didn't do anything, he was only a friend I promise!" yelled a girl outside. I looked out the window. She was talking on the phone in front. I opened the window a crack to listen in. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice." She sounded like she was talking on the phone with someone, maybe her dad or boyfriend. "Okay I'll come home." The girl hung up the phone with a worried look on her face. She looked around then disappeared. I didn't believe what I had just seen. I ran out of the house and looked around outside. She was gone. I needed to find her and quick. She was someone like me.