Chapter 1

"Gabby!" I heard someone shout. 

I turned around and saw Sarah running across the hallway over to me. There was 20 minutes left before classes started and I was taking out books from my locker.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked as I closed my locker and leaned on it. Sarah, on the other hand, had her hands on her knees as she gasped for air. She had dirty blonde hair, light brown eyes, and even though the girl's got a slim figure, she wasn't a very good runner. 

Scratch that, she's THE WORST runner ever!

And this girl, is my best friend.

"So, did you hear?" she asked excitedly, making my eyebrow rise signaling her to go on "Adam, you know, the hottest guy in the football team, next to your brother, is having a party Friday night" she practically mumbled the 'next to your brother' but I heard it loud and clear.

Let me enlighten your minds.

Sarah had this HUGE crush on Nick ever since she met him. I'm kind of surprised my brother haven't noticed it yet.

"Yeah, I think I'll pass" I said as I turned around to start walking away. 

Ironically, Sarah suddenly had fast reflexes because before I could even take a step forward, she stands in front of me and stops me.

"Whyyy?? It'll be fun!!" Sarah whined

"Sarah, I'm not stopping you from attending. I'm not your mom. Go" I said. 

She crossed her arms over her chest and stomped her feet like a little girl.

"It's either you're coming or I'm not going!" she threatened. We had a mini staring contest before she sighed "I guess I'm not going then. My best friend doesn't want to come. She doesn't care about my happiness and my future husband, who happens to be her brother and--" I quickly cut her off, not wanting to hear anymore about her and my brother

"OKAY FINE! I'm going, I'm going!" I said. She looked up at me smiling and wiped the fake tears off her eyes then she squealed

"I knew that would work!" she said as she hugged me. Manipulative bitch.

"Yeah, it always does Sarah. It always does" I said in a monotone voice

"Uh-oh" she said as she pulled back

"What?" I asked. 

She glanced behind me, making me turn around. My eyebrow rised as I crossed my arms over my chest, the moment I saw them start walking towards us. 

And by them, I meant The Trio. 

The Trio, namely Max Hale, Ryan Johnson, and of course, who wouldn't wanna miss, Jace Morgan.

"So, I see you're still hanging out with this?" Max said, making Sarah groan.

Unlike years waaay back, Max was now buff (since he's after all, a football jock) and was one of the school's player. One thing about him that didn't change after almost a decade, was that he was still ugly and dumb. 

And I was best friends with his sister. 

Oh, the irony.

"You don't own me Max" Sarah said as she rolled her eyes

"So, finally screw anyone, Anderson?" Jace said.

Remember waaay back when Max was their leader? 

Well things changed and the guy I had a huge crush became the ultimate bad boy, making Jace the leader of their gang.

"Yeah, I kinda doubt that!" Ryan added, making the two of them laugh and high-fived each other. Max, on the other hand, just smirked.