Chapter 6

A/N: Before anything else, I just want to say...thankyou so much for reading this book. Means a lot. And I'm also really sorry for the whole mix-ups with the name of Gabby's brother. It's Nick, not Nathan. Again, I'm really sorry for that. If you see anymore 'Nathan' in the chapters, please tell me so I could correct it, thanks. So anyway, here's chapter 6 for 'It Started With A Punch' :)))

"For the nth time! Gabby I'm sooooo soooorrrrryyyyyyy!!!" Sarah said, singing the last part in her annoying 'higher than Mariah Carrey's voice' voice. 

I mean, I love the girl, but singing's NOT really her thing. It kind of made her sound like a crying manatee. 

My head is already hurting from last night, and I don't want her adding up to all of that pain.

I kept quiet for a few more seconds before she decides to start talking.

Or rather, singing again.

"Gaaaaabbbbyyyyyyy!!!!!!!" she whined.

"OKAY FINE! FINE!!!!" I finally said. 

Hey, if you were me, you'd rather forgive Sarah too, than hear her sing again. "I forgive you" I added through gritted teeth, making her flash me a smile so wide, it almost tore up her face.

"Again, I'm really sorry Gabby. I know I shouldn't have left you for the second time with Jace but you know.." she said as she looked down and played with her fingers

"Max?" I asked. She just nodded. "Yeah..I know" I added. 

Sarah looked up at me and flashed me another smile, but this time, it was weaker than the smile she gave me earlier, so I smiled back at her and hugged her. She hugged back and the moment she let go, she took a deep breath, and I knew what would happen next.

"SO! What happened with you and Jace last night?" she asked "He didn't....um..."

"NO! No Sarah" I answered.

"Oh THANK GAWD!" Sarah said

"Trust me. I'd rather trip in front of everyone in school again than let him do me" I exclaimed, earning giggles from Sarah.

"Whatever"

For the rest of the afternoon, Sarah and I talked about the same things we usually talk about. School, hot guys that goes to our school, and of course, her undying love for my brother. Unfortunately, her mom had to call her and tell her to get home, since it was, after all, getting late, and they had to do something important.

We got down, and before she could grab the doorknob, it flew open and in appeared Nick.

You couldn't imagine how both of their eyes grew wide when they saw each other.

"Uh h-hey... Sarah" Nick said as he forced himself to smile at Sarah

"Um... hi" Sarah answered as she flashed him a smile "B-bye" she added then went past Nick and literally ran over to her car.

Nick looked back and watched my best friend in action. The moment Sarah left our front yard, a faint smile appeared on Nick's face as he shook his head. He must not have seen me behind Sarah earlier, because he was suddenly shocked to see me standing in front of the door, arms crossed, eyebrow arched, and an amused smirk on the lips. He cleared his throat and acted like nothing happened

"What?" he asked, imitating me. A grin appeared on my face as I shook my head and stared at him

"Oh, nothing" I answered as I turned around and headed off to the kitchen.

"Hey!" Nick said, catching up with me

"What?" I asked

"N-nothing.." he answered. I simply shrugged and opened the fridge as I looked for something edible and took out the pint of chocolate ice cream.