Chapter 19

A/N: Finally! An update! Sorry, though, for keeping you guys off. I've been trying to update it, honestly, but I had another mental block. And to top it all off, the draft's been lost and unsaved TWICE, which had me almost giving up. ALMOST. But of course,I wouldn't dare do that xD

I looked down at my outfit for the last time, and thought it was okay. 

At least I thought so.

The cold breeze of air hit me the moment I tried to open my window. 

Snow was piling up, which definitely meant that Christmas was coming soon.

So soon! I thought, the moment I realized that I only had a few days left before Christmas, and I haven't even bought gifts for anyone!

I took another glance down at my outfit, and realized that a shirt and a jacket was not enough to keep me warm for today. I groaned after realizing this amazing thought that popped into my head, and headed back to my closet and took out a sweater and a scarf that matched my gray Spurs shirt, and headed down the stairs.

By the time I reached the living room, I noticed that everyone's attention was on the TV, as the news reporter announced the usual news around the city.

And I never knew how contagious my parents and Nick were, until I found myself watching the news as well.

"Why's everyone hooked on the morning news?" I asked them, and Nick shushed me, without even bothering to look at me

"Haven't you looked outside this morning?" he told me.

"I mean I felt the breeze, but I haven't actually seen it" I answered

"Well, go look now!" Nick said as he waved his hand. My eyebrows arched up as I walked over to the window, and the moment I slid the curtains to the side, my eyes widened.

Oh. My. God.

Snow was literally EVERYWHERE!

"Think they'll cancel classes today?" I asked

"Hopefully. I wanna go back to bed and cuddle with Mr. Pebbles--er-----my blanket.." Nick said as he looked at me fast with wide eyes and looked back at the TV with a bit red on his cheeks. A smirk started to form on my face as I stared at the back of his head, completely amused at how he just let his embarrassing secret slip.

"Mr. Pebbles? Really? You still have that?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest. He took a deep breath then glanced at me

"Whatever. Don't tell anyone, or I'll tell everyone in school that you--"

"I, what?" I asked, and I noticed how Nick gulped, even though his back was facing me.

"That you, uh--" he cut himself off the moment the news reporter was back on screen "Oh, they're back! Shhhhh!!!" he said

"I wasn't even---" I cut myself off and sighed, realizing that arguing with my brother like this wasn't going anywhere.

"And in other news," the reporter started "Because of the blizzard all over New York City, the following schools announced that school was officially canceled for the day"

And like the related people we are, Nick and I crossed both our fingers. 

And after a long list of schools, the reporter finally announced our school name, and there was suddenly a one-minute party between me and Nick.

"Well then" mom started "School being canceled, means that you two will be doing some chores around the house" Nick and I groaned at our mom.

"And no going out of the house today, do you two understand me?" she added, making us groan even more louder "Do you understand me?" mom said the second time, emphasizing each words.