Chapter 5

"Hey"  

The kitchen counter was filled with chips, and different types of liquor and I'm guessing he was bartending for the night.

"Hey" I answered as I nodded at him "Two light beers, please"

"Sure thing" he answered as he looked under the counter and took out two bottles of beer and handed them to me "Gabby right? Nick's brother?" he asked out of nowhere

"Yep, that's me. Gabby Anderson. Nick's sister" I answered.

"Yeah. The same girl that punched the lights out of Morgan" he stated, like I was some superhero or something.

"The one and only" I said, making the two of us giggle.

"Cool" he said as he calmed down "Adam, by the way" he said, holding out his hand. 

So, this is Adam. How come I never knew what he looked like? Have I been living under a rock?

"Ohhhh. Hi" I said as I smiled at him and shook his hand.

"What's with the reaction?" he asked

"What reaction?"

"Well, it kind of looks like this is the first time you've seen me" he stated

"Truth be told, it is, actually" I answered, as a blush slowly crept its way to my face.

"Seriously? I've been over your house a couple of times now" he stated with a hint of seriousness in his voice. I nodded 

"Probably met you too. But most probably drunk to remember" I said and smirk slowly formed into his face.

"Wow. That sounded kind of..."

"Weird?" I asked, he nodded.

"Yep" he said, and a smirk formed on my face. 

In all honesty, though, I really didn't care about the people at school. 

I mean, except for Sarah and Nick, but everyone else just wasn't a part of my world.

 Of course, I did care for Jace when I was seven, but that's long gone now.

"Well, technically I know you. It's just, I've never really seen you around school, and or practices, so yeah. This is the first" I added

"Dude, we have a classes together" he said, making me even more embarrassed. God, I really have been living under a rock huh? "But I guess there's a first time for everything, right?" he said as he winked, making me go full pink. I looked down to hide my face, and noticed the two beer bottles on my hands.

"Oh shoot! I forgot!" I told myself as I looked up, only to meet Adam's blue eyes smiling at me, which made me kind of blush even more. 

I quickly shook my head to prevent any further meltdowns and stepped back a bit. "I kind of, have to give this beer to my friend" I told him

"Right. The beer." he said "Anyway, nice to formally meet you Gabby" he added as he flashed me a smile. I don't know what it was about his smile, but it made me smile as well.

"You too" I said. His smile grew and I disappeared through the crowd and over to the living room.

"There you are! What took you so long?!?" Sarah asked, taking the beer off my hand.

"Sorry. Kitchen's kind of...packed." I said as I plopped down the couch and chugged on my beer. I pulled the bottle off my mouth and noticed Sarah still standing in front of me, like she was feeling a bit uneasy or something. "What's up man?" I asked her