Pop Magazine

Hi everyone so this is my first story on wattpad so no hate please. Anways, hope you like it and comment on the bottom please! I definetely appriciate people's comments. Enjoy! 

We were on top of the world back when I was your girl. We were living so wild and free. Acting stupid for fun all we needed was love. That’s the way it’s supposed to be. 17. Carefree lyrics from Avril Lavigne’s new album pound in my ears as I keep the volume on max.

The hustle and bustle of Manhattan surrounding me as I exit the subway. Normally 17 year olds have their own car but in Manhattan the way to travel is either the subway or a taxi.

I fast walk through the sidewalk, maneuvering around people and things. My schoolbag weighing me down, giving my shoulder trouble over the weight. I can’t wait for summer. No need to carry a backbreaking bag every day. 2 months and counting.

The sun shines bright into the glass buildings and reflects off them into my eyes, blinding me. I squint but the shine is too strong. I walk without much sense of sight through the crowd. I grunt as the wind is knocked out of me by something hitting me in the stomach.

 Looking down, I can see clearly that it’s a magazine stand. On the front cover of one of the magazines, giving the camera a sexy smirk is none of other than Aaron Scott. The guy manning the magazine stand starts cussing at me, waving a fist. Well maybe if you don’t want me walking in it, you don’t set it up in the middle of the sidewalk.

Apologizing quickly, I shuffle away rolling my eyes. After turning the corner and almost knocking into some 40 year old woman, who gave me the death glare, I finally arrive at my job building.

The vivacious, pristine white building standing out compared to the glass/ and or dark buildings running down the street. Above the door in big baby blue and baby pink bubble letters, the Pop Magazine logo standing out bright and loud. I sigh deeply, a wide smile overtaking my face.

Pressing on the cold silver handle, the glass door swings open. Strawberries and crème contaminates the air like usual. Walking into the lobby my usual gritty from Charlotte is missing. Confused, I pause my shuffled playlist and the funky beat from Love Somebody. Raising the purple neats from my ears I lift it over my head and the tight bun made of my thick wavy/curly dark brown hair and place it around my neck.

Looking over her cluttered white desk I see that she’s too engrossed in the magazine that holds the Aaron Scott photo. You’d think that she wouldn’t be into him because she’s 21 and he’s 18 but she’s basically in love with him, just like almost the entire female population of the world.

“Hello, earth to Charlotte.” I wave my hand in front of her face. Her dark blue eyes snap into focus.

“W-what. Oh hey Cassie.” Charlotte smiles at me, brushing some of her gorgeous strawberry blonde hair behind her ear.

“Aren’t you gonna get in trouble with Mr. Woods for reading another company’s magazine?” I ask kinda pointing out the obvious.

“Not if he doesn’t find out.” She winks. “But did you know that Aaron loves the color yellow the least of all?”

I roll my eyes at her, “Yes, yes I always wondered that. And I would love to know what kind of boxers he wears.”

“I swear if you find out I will owe you big.”

“I’ll see what I can do.” I wink and head down the hallway.

Right by the glass elevator, a table is littered by donuts, a coffee dispenser and Styrofoam cups. Tiptoeing away from the table is Mary-Jane with about three donuts in her hands. She always brags to me and the rest of the staff about her diet even though she is as skinny as a twig. But we always laugh when we catch her sneaking donuts, or at least Charlotte, Gabe and I do. She acts like she has no idea where she got the donut when it “appears” out of her lunch bag that she keeps.

Grabbing a chocolate glazed one, I take a monstrous bit out of it, leaving only half of it in my hands. Finishing it off in 2 more bites, I lick the glaze off my fingers and press the up button and wait patiently for the elevator.

 I allow my thoughts to drift but snap in attention when the ding rings down the hallway. Maturely I step into the elevator even though giddiness fills me like it does every time I press the button for Level 7. The elevator shoots smoothly up and the lobby fades as I get closer to Level 7.

Note: Hope you enjoyed reading it. Don't worry this was only the first chapter so there is a lot more to come. Evertything will be explained eventually! Promise!

Vote/ Comment Please! It really means a lot to hear from you guys about my story and your thoughts

Love ya,

Bubbly_Dancer