Chapter 6

I groan loudly when my obnoxious alarm blares in my ear. With my eyes half open, I harshly press the 'snooze' button on my phone. Yawning, I rub my eyes hard to try and get the sleep out of them. Usually the sun helps as it blares into my bedroom window, but it is missing.

Throwing off the covers, I walk over to my window and open the blinds. The sky is grey and boring, a few darker clouds here and there.

Great...

Shutting the blinds back up, I turn on the lights for my dimly-lit room. Grabbing the first things in my draws I throw them on my bed and grab my hairbrush. Carefully, so I don't hurt myself, I brush through the knots in my hair. Walking to my desk, I turn on my laptop and go onto youtube and start up some music.

She said 'I love this song, I've heard it before and it stole my heart, I know every word'. She's gonna dance all night night till it hurts singing the best song ever. Best song ever ever, ever, ever, ever, ev-er-er-er-er-er-er-er. Give me your hand!

I rock out bobbing my head and brushing my hair, listening to one of The Ready Set's newest songs. I decided to listen to an upbeat song to try and pick up the dreary day. 

Even though I cannot sing to save my life I sing the lyrics softly so I don't wake up my family. "Music colliding with the words singing what she wanna say. I hope it's my name hey hey. And everytime you hear it you'll remember this night again. Again and again. So give me your hand. Cuz I'm ready and I'm able and I'm thinking I can make you finally wanna let go. Just to show you my affection turn the speakers up to 10 and then 11 till we break the windows. Now we're turning up the heat. Turn the shuffle to repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat- peat-peat-peat-peat-peat."

Throwing the brush on my bed, I shake out my hair quickly. I grab the clothes from my bed I selected by chance earlier and look at it. At least it matches. I pull the navy blue blouse over my head and yank up my white jeans past my bum. I reach inside my shirt and pull out my snowflake necklace from the inside of my shirt. Taking my hair in my hands, I twist and contort it to a tight messy bun. After shoving my feet into my black and white converses, I take my purple beats and rest them around me neck and shove my phone in my pocket. 

I close the door behind me with a click after grabbing my schoolbag and hooded jacket. On my tiptoes I go down the stairs and and onto the main floor. Grabbing a quick apple and protein bar for breakfast, I close the front door and head off to school.

~~~

I take my hood off my head and start patting my hair to aviod any fly aways. When I entered the subway station, it is grey but when I got out, it started raining. It was only a light rain but in heavy raindrops.

Taking my books and leaving my jacket in my locker I search for Layla, going through my daily round of 'hello's even to people I don't since I am the-girl-next-door.

"Cassie!" My name is shout and when I turn around someone collides into me, nearly knocking me off my feet. Looking down I see it's Layla.

"Whoa Lay! What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Ugh, failed a math test."

"How bad?"

"Bad."

"What was the grade?"

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

"Duh!"

"I got a... 80." She groans.

I freeze and laugh a little, "Layla, a 80 is not failing. Anyone would be happy to have that grade. Trust me,"

"I know it's not technically a failed test but you know my parents. They expect nothing else but perfection."