chapter 9

Why was he blushing?

That's odd.

"Taylor, you okay?" Dani waved her hands in front of my face. I snapped out of my train of thoughts.

"Oh, yea, yeaa...." I said.

My eyes fell on him again. He was looking in front and not uttering a word. He was rubbing his hands together anxiously.

"Okay, now class, now that the new students had introduced themselves. I would like them to find a buddy!"

I smiled and looked to Dani who was smiling just as brightly as me.

"But, it must be someone of an opposite sex," he added.

I bit my lip. Dani squirmed in her seat and pouted.

"Now go." The teacher clapped his hands together.

The new students slowly got up and looked around nervously.

One student asked, "Can they partner among themselves?"

"Nope!" He laughed.

I fidgeted as I looked around. I couldn't help but look to Harry. He was just doodling in his notebook.

I looked around the classroom for others who I know.

"C'mon! I don't have a lot of time," the teacher said impatiently.

I looked to Dani who was pointing at Harry. I shook my head vigorously.

"Looks like Ms Peazer here have a choice for you, Ms Swift." I whipped my head forward when I heard my last name being called.

The teacher winked.

I bit my lip and gingerly walk towards the empty seat next to Harry and sat down.

This is going to be the worst lesson EVER.